Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Protip: Chilling Your Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cremaster, Mar 8, 2009.

1. #1 Cremaster, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    You need quality glass that can withstand rapid temperature change, so if you are not confident in the strength of your glass skip the advice. The colder the smoke, the easier it is on your throat and lungs. It is much easier to hold hits when the smoke has been cooled.

• I keep my bongs and my pipes in a mini-fridge so that the glass gets really cold. This is especially effective in pipes since there is no water component.
    • When using bongs, fill the reservoir with very cold water. Same goes for ash catchers and bubblers.
    • Lightly pack the neck of the bong crushed ice. If your refrigerator doesn't crush ice, get a hand-crank ice crusher. It is totally worth the money. If you are too lazy, at least pack the neck with ice.
    • As the ice melts, remember to drain the reservoir periodically. If you don't, you'll taste bong water or get your weed wet or both.

[​IMG]

Straight from the fridge and packed with ice. I sure am glad it has an ice pinch.

2. Good thread here. Like the OP said becareful doing this with glass....if you have a ceramic or metal piece your good to go. Many years ago in college I use to keep my mini-metal bong & ceramic bong in the freezer...lol.

3. Thanks for the clarification on ceramics and metal. Obviously you can do the same with plastic. I forgot to mention it because all my stuff is glass.

4. i always stick my tsunami in the freezer for a few minutes before I rip it, it undoubtedly works 100x better than any ice alone i've ever added to any bong. i imagine this might stress the glass some but its not like I ever let it completely freeze

+ rep just be careful when you rip it, its so icy smooth you won't even realize what a monster you just took...