Protesters in Durham, NC topple Confederate Statue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jane_Bellamont, Aug 15, 2017.

1. I know of a former communist that has razor burns on his scrotum from Trump's chin. Does that count too?

2. The right didn't start the violence here but we will finish it. Don't underestimate the fervent loathing and rage in the air. This has been a long time coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lol oh yeah? White nationalists who identify as the right have been violent for years. But sure we can pretend this all started with a statue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I didn't realize it was the right was burning, looting their own cities and trashing the universities. Really activates my almonds. I didn't say it started with a statue, I said it's been a long time coming. The left made this bed, they get to lay in it too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. it has been boiling for a while. but some things get ignored or overlooked,,, and then '' BAM'' the thing that sets them off has been found, it started with the 10 commandments being removed,,, then the confederate flag removed and now this..... this is different.
    yes you can say it all started with THIS STATUE.......believe me it has me damn near shaking. and all day long today i was on channell 19 talking to truck drivers about this issue......they feel the same as i do... didnt like moving them but at least they were going to respectable places,,,,,

and then they destroy one....

i know i wouldnt attend no more of them movements...

that GUY.... is making his plans right now...proablly in his 40's....and a good shot.. proablly do a sniper move from a rooftop,

incident's like this allways brings out the nut's//// look at how many innocent cops have been shot... due to black people being shot by the cops,???

which is why i symathize with the B..L.M. group to a certain point... but to some of them they dont care for white people at all... would like to see us wiped from history. and there is where i draw the line with that group.

IM SURE YOUVE SEEN THE VIDEO'S....

6. #86 spliffington, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Then you haven't been looking hard enough or falling for a narrative. It is not hard Google the violence the right has left in its wake over the years. In fact I found and posted 5 different instances over the last couple of years in another thread when someone else from the right wanted evidence that the right also engages in violence.

It's time to take a step back from the dichotomy and realize this one may not be a right or left thing but a shitty, whiney human thing on both sides.

Also, I love the threats. I don't think as many people are going to end up on the "right side" as you hope. The video of the statue shows diversity in race, gender, and religions. Whereas white nationalists are a minority within their own race, and exclusionary of others.

7. What narrative? The left's crave for violence is nothing short of apparent. They want to punch a nazi while considering everyone not in their cult one. They pray for the people they bear mace to go blind. Violence? I don't give a shit anymore. The streets can run red.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dude, born and raised in what was known as the capital of the confederacy. I see these ugly ass monuments daily lol

10. America's tally shows right-wing terrorist attacks causing 68 fatalities since September 11, 2001. These were:[39]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. yeah and in your 20's you didnt dispute that?

just because you may be from the south dont really put you on no side of this issue... you either are O.K. with the destruction of this statue and you think they all should meet the same fate...

it dont effect you too much.. even though that was fucked up....

or it can hit you in the gut. and be a slap in the face...especially with the retoric that has been directed at the white man since OBAMA went into office......

sometimes you've had enough....and say well it aint on my doorstep....and sometimes you take that bag of dogshit and you place it gentlly on some-onelses door-step '' gentlly''

12. and on a side note... i think i'd have made a good viking warrior...... i was born way too late.

13. That is no excuse. A warrior is a warrior no matter what time period they happened to live in. Did you miss your chance?

14. Then why'd you ask? :laughing: Surpised you, didn't I? Not all of us southerners fly the confederate flag (then have the nerve to say they're patriotic) or give a shit about preserving a time in history when you could buy a person. No thanks.

It doesn't effect me. No, that's a lie. It amuses me. Because the same people calling others snowflakes for wanting them removed are the same people melting down into puddles of water over this.

15. The left must have thrown rocks at every single one of these events.

But seriously this is so varied. Planned Parenthood, churches, Jewish community centers...and an airplane?

16. So glad the left and decent folk aren't afraid to fight these fucking fascists.

• Like Like x 1
  17. More like many of our hearts have turned to ice.

18. The threats of violence toward the left have gotten old for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. you may be right,,,,

if thier was 10 people in that crowd with my thinking...and some skills... it might not have been so camera-worthy,,,

20. Where have I threatened anyone? I've said people are over this shit and will fight back. Are you oblivious to years of threats from the left?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1