Protesters in Durham, NC topple Confederate Statue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jane_Bellamont, Aug 15, 2017.

1. But Not
    upload_2017-8-20_13-8-48.png
    Right?
    upload_2017-8-20_13-7-37.png

Attached Files:

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I was wondering who would be the first to post this! What a fucking joke. ESPN sucks more and more every day. I love sports, huge into football and baseball, and mma. But I will not turn on espn, I haven't honestly since they started making such a spectacle out of that shitty QB that used to play for the 49ers. Its total garbage, injecting politics into sports and ESPN has tried to be the msnbc of the sports world, its not working. It shows just how out of touch the bosses are, considering the biggest part of their audience is conservatives.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah I'm a huge sports fan.. And it was always a nice few hour escape from politics.
    The pc nonsense is absolutely out of control.
    Who in their right mind would equate an Asian sports announcer with a general from the Civil War?
    And honestly no one even knows the announcers names during most college games anyway.. They could have done nothing and no one with any sense wouldhave said a peep.

Even the most pc sjw couldn't possibly be offended by this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I agree, makes zero sense. College football is so regional, this whole thing is so stupid. I agree I don't think even the craziest SJW couldn't have been offended by an asian guy with the last name Lee. Cmon now!

• Like Like x 2
  5. So the president of ESPN says it wasn't about people getting pissed about the coverage, it was about the potential for "social media" concerns. Wonder who they would be so worried about tweeting this guy for being an asian with the last name lee, covering a college football game? I'll give you a hint...its probably not the "alt-right".

ESPN president defends pulling Robert Lee from football coverage

In an internal memo, obtained by CNN, President John Skipper said “there was never any concern” that Lee’s name “would offend anyone watching the Charlottesville game. The concern, Skipper explained, was for Lee and potential social media heckling.

“Among our Charlotte production staff there was a question as to whether – in these divisive times – Robert’s assignment might create a distraction, or even worse, expose him to social hectoring and trolling,” Skipper said in the memo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. agree. completely insane that it is even being pondered, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #291 chicken, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

no.. you dont want me running this group..... because i would gather every hate group there is [ as some may call them ]..from the 1% motorcycle gangs to the thugs that live in isolation because they are a danger to society,,

i would call out the '' militia's '' of the great north-west....and tell them they have been preaching long enough.. it's time for action !!!!.... i'd send word to young REDNECKS that live in the south.. to come stand with thier brother's,,,, and togehter. we would be a force that GHENGIS KAHN himself would be proud of,,,,,

and i'd enlist the computer smart ones of the crowd. to raise a false premisis. of B.L.M. groups.. the new BLACK PANTHER PARTY,, and any other group that would bite my bait,,, and when i had '' built '' the card house of hate... I'D KNOCK IT DOWN QUICKLLY.......

i guess that's what i'd do if i was a little on the off side, but im cool with watching a bunch of amatures do it... filmed by the local news station.

you dont want me in charge... i'd wipe everyone out... cop's first,..then we would have no opposition. as we picked the others off one-by-one,,,,,,from snipers stationed at every rooftop in the city.

........................................................................................................................

you trully draw a fine line when you mess with a white persons heritage,,,,,,and there history.....
    i dont think thier will be another rally in any city. after what happened in charlottesville,

thier are people out there that have waited for shit like this to go down.. it's just a bunch of pussies attended the first one..... the second one may not be so friendlly. now that the narritive has been set

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. #292 forty winks, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    You're missing a key fact - that fear of violence that has always been your ace in the hole won't work moving forward. Statues have been tumbling down without a peep from your gang. Municipalities, State Houses, etc are voluntarily taking them down.

Also ... didn't your daughter marry outside her "race." I thought you posted that a while back.

Plus ... you're just pissing bravado.

9. voluntarily my aching ass dude. I guess if you ignore the paid for protesters then yes, its voluntary.

10. Just think of voluntarily as a action inside of a de-contextualized and ahistorical framework or definition of freedom.

11. wrong blade ; my daughter hasnt married yet.

and it pisses me off at how spineless city officials are when it comes to these statues, all the polls ive seen have said the majority of people would just as soon leave them standing, they are beautifull pieces of art...

it just goes to show THE STUPIDITY of those that wish them removed for not acknowledging history for what it is... at the time of the 1800's owning slaves was '' the thing to do '' all over the world. and to this day slavery and human trafficicking goes on. and instead of celebrating the fact that we as a new country decided to end it is overlooked,

but i guess it depends on your definition of slavery... today blacks are still slaves to the government... relying on them to provide them with food stamps...housing....a phone.....free medical care.....a bus pass....free school lunch for thier kids,,,,,and the list goes on--and--on--and--on--and--on--and--on...

so i guess they like the government and.

dislike the statues because it reminds them of the days when thier ancestors was tied to a tree, and had the harsh rough texture of a whip coming cracking down across thier back. and even then it still took 100 years for them to be integrated into society.....

the days of '' whites only'' water fountains.... blacks enter in the back of restaraunts,

i guess you dont know why you rarelly see a black dude buy a 6-pack of beer,,, instead he will get a quart bottle of beer,,,, well do you know the answer ? i have asked numerous black dudes this question and i get the same answer,

or perhaps your still too young and dont have many real-life experiences under your belt, much less the reason why one would make numerous trips to the store. to get another quart...instead of buying a 6..12..or case of beer in one hit,

well whats the answer ????? and then you may understand why the water fountain in the 60's was such a racial thing,