Protest For Medical Marijuana During Obama's California Tour

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Protest For Medical Marijuana During Obama's California Tour
    TokeoftheTown
    / Steve Elliott / 10,21,2011

[​IMG]

Village Voice Media

[​IMG]

​Los Angeles, High Noon, Oct. 24
    San Francisco, 11:30 a.m., Oct. 25

Advocates will be protesting the federal crackdown on medical marijuana when Obama comes to visit California next Monday and Tuesday, October 24 and 25, according to California NORML.

In Los Angeles, there will be a protest at high noon on Monday, October 24 at the Federal Building downtown, 255 East Temple Street. A press conference will be held with Proposition 215 coauthor Anna Boyce, who will be demanding a meeting with President Obama at the U.S. Attorney's Office. (The President will be visiting elsewhere in west L.A., but security will make him inaccessible.)

In San Francisco, protesters are urged to gather on Tuesday, October 25 at the northwest corner of 3rd and Mission, near the W Hotel where Obama will be attending a fundraiser lunch. "The lunch starts at 11:30, but be there early so that we can stake out a visible presence amidst a likely crowd of other protesters," advised CA NORML director Dale Gieringer.

Before the demonstration, a press conference will be held at the Marriott Hotel at 10 a.m. with Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, public officials and spokespersons for the Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana, Northstone Organics, the Divinity Tree, Medithrive, and other collectives wrongly targeted in the DOJ crackdown.

Next month, on November 9, there will be a statewide protest at the federal courthouse in Sacramento, to mark the 15th anniversary of Prop 215. Supporting demonstrations will be held at the federal buildings in other cities, including Oakland and San Francisco.

This needs to be attended by any that can,and I hope the tokers can forgive mmj people for failure to legalize when they had the chance and help them get the message across.

2. There's no point in dwelling on the past, I suppose. I'm sure a lot of people who voted against prop 19 felt in their heart that it was the right thing to do. Just like those who voted yes for the same reason, I'm sure. But it may still be a blessing in disguise. Look at it like this, this crack down may be just the thing to bring both sides together, and unite us like never before. Together, what administration could ignore our numbers? ;)

Good article, too, tex. I wish I was in California so I could attend one of those protests. All you GCers from Cali, be sure to spread this around after you read it. Put the dates, times and locations to memory or something, and tell all your friends and family that would attend. Let's show the OWS's that we can assemble in as great of numbers as they can. Maybe our voices can come together with theirs too. After all, like them, we just want our rights back, and we want to return to a system that recognizes the majority, not the elite 1% who hold all the power and money. Am I right?

3. The OWS protesters are mostly against corporate involvement with our government,,tell me how corporate involvement is not our main enemy in cannabis legalization.

4. Awww I can't go I'm gonna be busy but I would if I could.