Protest and civil justice movements

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ReturnFire333, Jun 28, 2020.

1. When it comes to war nobody wins mate. the little guy loses most but I dare say everyone involved would consider war a great loss.
    this is why I don’t get the Blm thing.
    Why start a fight with a population 10 times your size?
    Take on the 800’000 cops and try to get reform the right way by all means. That’s a winnable situation. but taking on the entire worlds population of white guys and calling them all cunts is only gonna end one way. And it won’t be with black people feeling like winners.
    The white guys wont iether but at least the majority of us will walk away unharmed.

2. Please don't go to race.

Or to excessive war views.

This thread does have a topic.

3. #43 jas43, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2020
    So it’d be cool for me and 100+ friends to break into your property while you’re eating dinner outside with your family and threaten you?
    Seems like “playing Rambo” preserved their families well being.

Edit:
    No memes in politics, a link to the article would work but not a pundits opinions.

Interesting info on the situation

• Like Like x 2
  4. Were they on their property? Or in one of those fancy private housing estates?

As in they weren't on that couples lawn or drive?

5. The "protestors" opened a gate with a "no trespassing" sign affixed to it and entered the property. The property owner told them they were trespassing on private property. Pretty cut and dry. The home owner could have been a real dick and "baited" the protestors in to attacking, then shot them. He didn't, he held his ground calmly and defended himself,his wife, and property.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #46 SmokinP, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    So they opened his gate or a gate into a private estate with other houses on same?

From what I can gather the protesters were trying to get to the mayor's house.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/29/st-louis-protest-gun-mayor/

According to the article above they were not on their property (as in their drive/lawn, etc) just walking by. Peaceful, no weapons, etc...

Looks like that couple are just a pair of aggressive assholes to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. When it comes to war, bankers win.

8. A video I saw showed protestors opening a gate marked "private property", "no trespassing". People don't put private property signs on public property in my experience.

I'm sure every American holding a gun looks like an asshole to you. You weren't immersed in gun culture as a youth and probably have had little to no face time with a firearm.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 3
  9. From what I can gather the protesters were on their way to protest outside the mayor's house. It might have been a private estate, doesn't seem clear on that. I don't get why the couple have to come out on the street waving gun's? Seems overly aggressive to me.

I've no problem with guns, have a shotgun myself which I purchased recently. I've been around guns down through the years and they don't bother me but one things for sure I wouldn't be acting like that pair of dicks.

10. If you watched the video you’d see that their gate was destroyed for the “protesters” to get through.
    Would that be cool on your property?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I watched the video on the link you posted but there's no footage of anyone destroying a gate, just a picture of a gate that is destroyed. The guy commentating even states that's it's unclear what happened to the gate.

From what I can gather the protesters were walking by the house and the two of them came out pointing guns in an aggressive manner at what seemed to be unarmed, peaceful protesters walking by the house on their way to the mayor's house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. “It was like the storming of the Bastille, the gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through. I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed,”

:eek:

You guys live in one insane state of fear.

13. Oh right
    They destroyed their own gate to frame the “protesters”.
    Is it really beyond you to believe that a mob of 100+ broke down a gate onto private property to get where they want??

Your stretches in logic are absolutely hilarious, comrade.
    Thought you were smarter and deeper than that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Losely that you non-'Mericans afraid to use a gun to defend yourself...

But it was more just for a laugh and play on stereotypes

• Like Like x 1
  15. LOL!

Got pics of Mrs. J’s dad in full Scottish dress back in the day and my dads family was from there as well dude.

Good stuff. I’m pretty much a mutt tho - my moms dad was from India so I dont know if I should wear a kilt or a long robe lol

j

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's not like it was a gate onto their property. It was a gate to the sidewalk. It's easily seen on google maps. They just happened to live at the house next to it and lost their minds with fear when people broke the gate and started walking down the sidewalk and road.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. I'd just prefer to deal with facts rather than speculation. The video you posted is from a guy who's totally biased.

In the other videos I've seen there's nothing about a gate being damaged and no footage of it happening. How do we even know that this is the gate to the guys property. In the other videos it looks like there's no gate or boundary wall/hedge etc on his property. I'd also be very skeptical that 500 peaceful protestors which they were if you look at the later videos of protestors outside the mayor's house would do that to his gate when there was no need to.

It's all very unclear but if they did actually bust his gate up I'd agree he was well within his rights to come out waving a gun.

18. Gotcha :)

As I've said many times, I've no problem with guns. In fact I like them and would have one of those AR's if I could get my hands on one.

And ask the English if us Irish are afraid of guns. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Every internet mouthpiece is biased, excellent eye , but I highly doubt all of the videos, police reports and personal account were fabricated to make the “protesters” look bad, especially considering that a mob of people were actually in the area at the time and it directly led to the videos that have been going around.

And your last statement speaks volumes.
    Play stupid games, you’ll probably win stupid prizes.

• Like Like x 3
  20. What are some good stereotypes of Americans?