Protein shake/drink choices for a beginner.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Lone Libra, Mar 30, 2013.

1. I have had one rtd in my life. I am thinking about ordering some muscle milk powder. It says mix with water that sounds nasty. Anyways can you mix it with milk or make it into a smoothie? How does one make a smoothie? I'm new to the whole protein drink thing. I'll have a bar here and there. I need more protein though. What are your methods and fav brands/flavors? Thanks.

2. you can mix with whatever milk u usually drink, adds more calories and protein. you can also blend up fruits or peanut butter in with ur protein shakes to make them taste better. When i was trying to gain weight (which ur prob not asking about that lol) i would put milk, blue berries, peanut butter, oatmeal flakes and protein powder in a blender and it taste goood.

3. I always mix mine with water after I work out and 90% taste incredible, stray away from the walmart brands though. There protein is "pixie dusted" meaning you only get about 15g of the 50 something grams they claimed because they use a free form amino acid to claim a higher protein content when it really doesn't. The best brands include Muscle Milk, MusclePharm Combat Powder, Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey, BSN Syntha-6 (Probably best tasting especially the cookies and cream flavor), Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. All of these and more can be found on bodybuilding.com for pretty cheap prices and extremely fast shipping.