Protecting Your Rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jun 9, 2013.

1. It was established a long time ago (patriot act) that the 4th ammendment does not apply to the internet.

I've known this for a while but some didn't.

And now everyone is going crazy like this is some.new shit.

Don't post personal info online. That's always been a bad idea.

Nothing really new here.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ok so we should not post personal info because that is a bad idea. Ok I agree.

3. Ok so we should not post personal info because that is a bad idea. Ok I agree.
    </blockquote>
    Many people don't know (or know and don't think about it)

They know not.to put personal info online, but then they do and get mad at the government.

I don't support.government spying. But people are acting like this is some new thing and suddenly.everyone's rights are being violated.

Its like wtf. NOW people care?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. People complain about privacy and then post everything about themselves on Facebook, go figure.

5. We live in the age of the low information voter. The age of no one reading anything really. That is to be expected that they freak many years later. 

You have to take how you see things and see the world through there eyes. American Idol, Honey Bo Bo, stuff face with food, drink mountain dew, facebook ... rinse and repeat. 

6. PRISM vs Tor

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/prism-vs-tor

7. #7 Johnny Cash, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    I don't have Facebook and I've never posted my real name on the internet. Not neccessarily because I don't want the government spying on me but more so because I don't want my friends reading everything I post online. IMO one advantage of internet forums is the anonymity. Sometimes I discuss things here that I wouldn't discuss with my friends. And I know people google each other's names just out of curiosity. Also I think there's probably not one person on earth that has the same name as me. If you have a very generic name and people find shit about you on the internet it could be anybody with that name.