Protecting plants from Animals and Critters

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Johnmon, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any good experience with protecting their girls from animals. I have a lot of deer and other wildlife where I grow... So far I have used human hair and piss for the deer, sprinkled mothballs, and am considering making a hot sauce/garlic mixture to make a perimeter around the 16, and possibly using fishing line and chicken wire. Any other thoughts???:smoke:

2. Only 100% effective method is a fence that they cannot get past. The others work to a degree but if there isn't much other food about for them they will eat your plants. I just lost 8 overnight a couple weeks back (Deer I'm talking about BTW)

3. Get a fence. It works perfectley for me. Theirs tons of deers in my spot, and since i've had a fence up, no issues. It dosn't take much, some t-posts, and green chicken wire. The chicken wire I have is green, it helps it blends in, I would reccomend getting that.

4. Fishing line spooks deer

5. I had the same problem last year but this year im gonna get some chicken wire

6. If you dont have the money, or room for a fence try a mixture, piss, a little garlic and a raw egg, leave it out in the sun for a few hours and pour that around your area, for slugs i know beer in a container they can get into will kill them, they like the yeast and will drown themselves, human hair works good for animals to.

7. to deter deer 1raw egg, half cup milk, 1tbls. cooking oil ,1 tbls.ivory liquid dish soap mixed well into one gallon water. spray lightly on plants repeat application after rain

8. piss and eggs in a bottle for 10 days, spray around
    grated irish soap around
    liquid fence (predator urine)
    fihsing line