Pros & Cons of Facebook

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by th3madhatt3r, Jun 19, 2009.

1. YEah, so after the huge blunt I just smoked, I went around the corner to the store and took a picture of this huge billboard of a huge hot dog on this abandoned street because it reminded me of a funny story that involves my friend. So you know how you always think man I wish they could be here to see this. But now they practically can! With the touch of literally 4 buttons on my phone I sent the picture to an album on my facebook and tagged my friend in it. Idk it seemed amazing to me at the time, so then I started thinking about the pros and cons of facebook....discuss.

2. It's a really good form of communication, and not much else. I use it mainly to get in contact with people whose phone numbers I don't have. So many people use it that it's like my phonebook now.

3. yeah, I mean unless someone comments me or something, I only go on to post weird and random pictures of things and not much else..

4. myspace is better :p

5. Maybe it's just me, but this seems like the wrong forum for this kind of discussion.

6. I would say the biggest pros of facebook are also its biggest downfall. What I'm talking about is the ability to get in touch with people/find people that you haven't seen in a long time. The only bad part is that employers now regularly search their employees or applicants on facebook, making it so that you have to be extremely careful about what you put on there. For example, I recently purchased a new bong, which I almost put a picture of on facebook to show some of my friends who are out of state during the summer, but I thought better of it and had to get their e-mails (which I never had to before since we all use facebook) so I could e-mail it to them. Not too much of a problem, just kind of annoying.

7. Yeah, this thread really needs to be moved to the General forum... *ahem*

8. Facebook/Myspace= EGO EGO EGO!!! LOOK AT ME!! FUCK ME WITH COMMENTS! I WANT TO FEEL YOUR WORDS INSIDE ME.

Fuck facebloke....

9. haha, Satchel, you owe me a new couch, i just pissed myself laughing. i'm gonna +rep you once i spread the love around.

10. that can be easily avoided, all you gotta do is change your settings so only your friends can see your whole profile, pics, posts and everything else. i did it cause my parents were trying to keep tabs on me when i was 1000 miles away. kinda funny my mom was bitching at me about my myspace page, that i hadnt been on in about 2 years.

11. Lol:smoking:, hey can i use this in my signature, your hilarious.

12. Facebook really pisses me off when I'm high. It's like, "WTF? I smoked weed for this?"

13. i feel you man, and thats part of the reason why i deleted my facebook at the beginning of the summer. its just not worth it at all. such a waste of time

14. i got facebook to play Farm Town, lol, but thats it. the only people on my list is my mom and brother.

i use myspace as a phone book like others said. i rarely ever post anything, when i do its mainly pics of my dog.

i use twitter to advertise the articles i write