pros cons of a movie theatre job?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Chromepiece, Aug 11, 2011.

1. pros:
    -management and co-workers are cools as fuck!
    - its not as bad as cleaning theatres as people say, easy af just trash all the bags,cups and boxes and sweep the popcorn n napkins under the seat (its ur job to do a half assed job)
    -lots of downtime (excludes friday,saturday and holidays) so you could chill in the break room haha or watch movies lol
    -also when you clean you find hella shit... just yesterday i found guci sunglasses and a phone!! kept it of course. (had a co-worker tell me he found $500 in a $200 wallet)
    -stoner job, although i don't get high before work

Cons
    -minimum wage ($9.00/hr for me)
    -if it gets busy on friday and saturdays it could suck
    -on ur feet all day (not a problem for me)

thats pretty much it lol been there for a few days and i fucking love it (college student)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. I used to work at a movie theatre and I fucking hated it. Always had to be doing something, the only chill thing to do was to cook popcorn. That was pretty cool because you just stood there over the two stoves and listen to music while waiting.
    In the longrun I got fired for wearing sandals one day to work, i was just stoned and forgot. Most of those places follow osha and you just have to wear what they ask every fucking day. Anyways if you're out of highschool get a different job, there are plenty more, and far easier, jobs out there that pay way more.