Pros and cons

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by davidp0326, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Colorado voter here. It's amazing to see this happen in my back yard! Great job to everyone who made it happen. Anyways I would like to hear from some if you about the pros and cons of this big change.

2. interested to see what any possible cons of legalization there is. I can't think of one.

3. Con: feds can still raid dispensaries at any given moment, hurting some families here and there, maybe shooting their dog in the process.

Pros: weed is legal. :)))

4. The only thing for me is personal. That is I can't stand some tourists... But I'm sure if we shared a fat blunt I'd be fine haha.

5. [quote name='"SidelineHero"']Con: feds can still raid dispensaries at any given moment, hurting some families here and there, maybe shooting their dog in the process.

Pros: weed is legal. :)))[/quote]

Shooting dogs?! Thats some fucked up shit... Another con is that some police officers might be pissed off by the change in the lawand be douche bags to the innocent people smoking herb...

6. That you can't smoke in public or where it would harm people (minor, but necessary to the smoking experience) and that you have to be 21.

7. Well you can't drink in public, and that's never stopped me from enjoying the legality of alcohol. On another point, it should be illegal to smoke cigarettes in public too.

8. Pros are pretty obv..

cons are that you'll have dumbasses giving it a bad name. Look at people in prision if its not 100% of them who smoke weed its damn close. Anytime a crime is committed and a person is under the influence it will be national media. While some people can smoke it personally and be fine, a ton of people can't. If you want to smoke a cig thats fine, but don't blow it in my face and be obnoxious about it. Sadly, we will have a lot of people who can't handle this new right giving us a bad name running around in public showing it off. Do you think other states will want to legalize it when all these reports of accadents and weed was found or they were high? A crime happened when someone was high? Someone being a public douche when high? Dispensaries being robbed? This stuff already happened, but it was never media attention like it will be.

9. [quote name='"thezool"']
    On another point, it should be illegal to smoke cigarettes in public too.[/quote]

Now aint that some straight up bullshit. Cigarettes being legal is oublic id ridiculous, and they want weed to be hidden when smoked when it causes a hell of a lot less damage to your lungs and system?

10. get out of here.......you want people to stop discriminating against weed so you can smoke it where ever you want.....

......but than you say you shouldnt be allowed to smoke cigarettes in public?

you sound pretty hypocritical. if they arent bothering you, than who cares? either your for giving people rights & letting them retain them, or you are for taking rights away from the people.........

11. I never said that. I don't feel comfortable smoking weed in public and I don't think it should be in everyone's face. Cig smokers are not bothering me but it is like free public advertisement. I used to smoke and seeing others walking around smoking makes it hard to stay quit. Don't accuse me of being a hypocrite when you don't know what my views are. :rolleyes:

12. dont say ridiculous stuff, than i wont accuse you of anything.

but, i think i do owe it to you, sorry.

13. There might be these sensationalist stories initially, but I don't think it is going to have a big impact like you say.

14. #14 hotdog585, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    If you can't smoke them inside and you can't smoke them in public then where the fuck do you smoke them?

Your opinion. Cigs are already in millions of movies, magazines, etc. That's like saying people wearing coats are a free 'public advertisement' lmao. I used to smoke too and I have no problem staying quit when I see smokers.

15. 25% tax for growing, 1000 dollar annual tax for growing, 25% for packaging, another 25% for distributing...

the black market isnt going anywhere

16. Nah you don't, I probably am wrong. It would be nice to smoke it in public but my gut says that it isn't right. And I think cigarettes are fine, but I don't like smoking in public... It's a personal thing I suppose. I'm not talking about second hand smoke mumbo jumbo, I mean it's a bad image and gives others ideas. Monkey see monkey do...

At the top of high rise buildings?

17. Eh, there are a ton of people who have smoked themselves retarded. The older group is likely going to be fine, but the younger generation is going to have a pretty hard time containing themselves and being viewed as a productive part of society. I work part time at a gas station for legal money so the state can take some shit for child support and I can't stand the people who come in with there EBT and buy half the store, then get a few swishers and are to baked out of there mind to pay and continue on with there day. Smoke on - everyone should, but if you can't handle yourself after you smoke stay out of the public.

18. Hopefully these changes will help people to be properly educated on cannabis. With weed being taken out of the DARE curriculum, maybe it will be instead taught in normal lessons, with facts and advice that aren't stigmatized.

19. Everyones going to be getting in on that black market. Some people were saying it'd fall to 40-70 an ounce on the black market. The suggested tax iirc was like 50 an oz itself. There is no way people are willingly going to be paying 250+ for 'legal' weed when you can still get fire for under 200.

20. [quote name='"ruffstylez"']

Everyones going to be getting in on that black market. Some people were saying it'd fall to 40-70 an ounce on the black market. The suggested tax iirc was like 50 an oz itself. There is no way people are willingly going to be paying 250+ for 'legal' weed when you can still get fire for under 200.[/quote]

Be careful when you say EVERYONE, not everybody has as easy access to mmj as you think...