Pros and Cons of joining the military?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Jul 7, 2012.

1. #1 Jeffersong808, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    I've got no money to go to school. Military is pretty much my only choice,army, but I always wanted to serve. Always wanted to call myself a soldier.
    Well anyways. I took the test and only thing that is holding me back is the drug test. I LOVE smoking weed. Been doing it for 5 years. What are the pros and cons? :hello:

2. If you have always wanted it there are no cons. You can and should give it up if the military is what you want. Good luck.

3. I did the same thing 10 years ago... Quit smoking pot and went into the army... it was ok, except for that thing called...oh...WAR!! I never thought about that, and ended up in iraq for 15.5 months in 2003. So its cool, I traveled all over europe, but i was fucked up in the head for quite a while...Id say go for it if you need the money for school....Join the Reserves. you get the same thing but you are not full time....wish i had done that.

4. i wouldnt mind going to war and getting deployed. but i have bad luck.. i think im gonna get hurt.. you are so luckyy for not getting shot or hurt bro

5. Pro: Decent pay for a job you're interested in.
    Con: Could be deployed and get shot.

I wouldn't advise anybody to go into the military. But then again we all need soldiers? If you don't support the war then I'd definitely suggest sticking away from it.

6. Pro: free health care for you and family, free housing, job security, after 20 years you get an excellent retirement plan.

Cons: Can't smoke weed. All the retarded douchebags who join too. Hope you like a uniform cause you need to wear it every day. Oh and would you mind going over to this desert and killing the "enemy."

7. Pro: physical training, education and training in fields that could be used out of the service.
    Con: The pre - service training and education is aimed at dehumanizing you so you can kill others without remorse and so you can follow orders without question or a second thought to morals or self preservation.

8. thank you

9. Depends, which country are you from?

10. [quote name='"Goohead"']Pro: physical training, education and training in fields that could be used out of the service.
    Con: The pre - service training and education is aimed at dehumanizing you so you can kill others without remorse and so you can follow orders without question or a second thought to morals or self preservation.[/quote]

Actually they teach you also to think about the orders youre given. They don't want blind followers. Surprisingly most of the leaders you'll follow actually care about you but they have to get the job done.

11. I am from the fascist superpower country. United States of Communism :) jk usa

12. lol, right on. WELL I haven't been in the American military but I spent 4 years in the Canadian navy and it really was a fullfilling and stable job, a lot of pride and we got paid very well, full dental and medical coverage, tax free deployments. Although I hear the American military doesnt pay as well as it should, you guys will get deployed a lot more frequently and sooner after training from my understanding which equals better pay when not at home, get to see the world, earn life experience you dont get from an office job, it would be great if you're young and not in it for the long haul. If I was army I would probably have signed a longer contract, but I hated the navy so Im a civilian again lol.

13. I am leaning towards navy and army

14. Cons is coming back missing limbs and having a ringing in your ears for the rest of your life ....

15. Pro: Money.

Con: Inhuman.

16. I'd join the air force, its the lowest ASVAB test requirement, you get hella benefits, and only 6% of the air force actually fly...if we do get envolved in a war, you'll most likely be dealing weapons and technology then actually killing.

17. Isnt it the hardest branch to get into? -___________-

18. says who? LOL I just got in and did my medical examination a month ago.

19. You quit smoking weed? O.O