pros and cons of idustializing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by playboy1549, Oct 1, 2011.

1. I have been ve conversations with my friends about what industrializing hemp would do for our country. I personally feel that it could solve a lot of the problems that we face. I think it would create hundreds of thousands of jobs, get our economy out of debt, replace trees for paper production, used as a renewable fuel sorce, help the medical fields, and many many other thins but i want to hear what you think. So the question is, what do you think would be the possative and negative effects of industrializing hemp?

2. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!

3. I meant to attach this.

Attached Files:

4. Pretty much all positive. Unless of course you own stock in a paper/cotton industry lol.

5. thank you for the visual people should use that to show them a few of the things that industrializing hemp can do

6. I'd like my recreational herb to come in bud form. I don't want to buy brand-name joints at the corner store. I'd rather bust and pack it myself. Other than that, industrialize away!

7. I am all for the industrialization of hemp, so long as it doesn't interfere with Free People's rights to personally grow what they wish. Hemp is simply too beneficial not to turn in out in mass. My primary concern is with biofuels. Hemp makes the best, grows the fastest and has the least impact on the environment - when being grown and when being pyrolized as a fuel source.

As far as taxes are concerned, I hate them. Unfortunately, if we ever hope to legalize, we need to negotiate. This is one point I believe we need to concede, at least at first. I'm not too worried though. If we could mobilize enough people to overturn the preset prohibition, we could, without a doubt, overturn a tax at a later date.

Current prohibition of hemp is one of the most abject tyrannies imaginable. Unfortunately, since hemp doesn't get you high, most don't know of its 50,000 beneficial uses.

Educate!

http://hemphasis.net/

8. Oops read that wrong. Industrial hemp im all for, weed on the other hand...... i like it coming from local organic growers.

9. fixes all social and economic problems. causes none. sound pretty good to me haha

10. Gotta keep it all competitive..

Only the best will get my dollar! :yummy:

11. [quote name='"NefariousBredd"']

I am all for the industrialization of hemp, so long as it doesn't interfere with Free People's rights to personally grow what they wish. Hemp is simply too beneficial not to turn in out in mass. My primary concern is with biofuels. Hemp makes the best, grows the fastest and has the least impact on the environment - when being grown and when being pyrolized as a fuel source.

As far as taxes are concerned, I hate them. Unfortunately, if we ever hope to legalize, we need to negotiate. This is one point I believe we need to concede, at least at first. I'm not too worried though. If we could mobilize enough people to overturn the preset prohibition, we could, without a doubt, overturn a tax at a later date.

Current prohibition of hemp is one of the most abject tyrannies imaginable. Unfortunately, since hemp doesn't get you high, most don't know of its 50,000 beneficial uses.

Educate!

http://hemphasis.net/[/quote]

Now with the taxes we all know that it would be taxed but would it really hurt to get our economy out of debt which would in turn down the line lower the tax rate of it. And I don't think the tax would be as high as the tobacco tax is. I know with me I wouldn't mind pay some taxes on it, and the reason I don't think they would be too high is because of the amount of industries that would be using it. The federal and state government would make enough off of them that they would not need to charge us as much in taxes. But they can be greedy so it might be the complete opposite of what I think should happen.

12. I just want legalization - with that, hemp can be utilized in whatever industries that find it economically beneficial........and I can grow my own for consumption of course.