Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pros and cons of a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cabooze, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Pros: smooth, gets you a lot higher, and depending on what brand or thickness you get its more than likely going to be thicker and more resistent to damage then some of your other peices.

Cons? I've got none, I love my RooR like it was my child haha

2. oh and if you have an ash catcher you barely have to clean the bong water in the bong and the bong barely gets dirty and makes less sound

3. Blunts definitely smell worse.

4. yea idk why anyone would compare a blunt to a bong with a blunt you are getting tabbaco in the air to with weed tabbaco sticks around longer and smells stronger thats why blunts smell
    bong is pure unadultered weed

5. One con for me is that when i smoke bongs it seems the bowl doesn't last very long. It always makes me want to smoke more bowls.

6. pack snaps you dont need to pack a big bowl bro

7. Smoking more bowls is totally not a con. Go big or go home.

8. i smoke mid sized bowls my damn slide is deep as hell full you can pass it around 4 times with a group of 5

9. 20 hits from one bowl? Really?

10. ya dude shits crazy depending on how big the hits are if 5 ppl milk it yellow the whole time it will last like 2 rotations but we mostly take medium hits i want to get a smaller bowl
    but now my bong has lots and lots of airflow and now you can get like 10 hits from a full bowl i have 9 deffusion holes

11. Dude, this thread is over a year old.

12. Pros:
    -smooth clean hits
    -quickest way from start to finish to prepare for a high (with a joint you have to roll, it takes time, this you just put in the bowl and light it up)
    -big, lethal tokes that hit you immediately if done properly and sometimes all it takes is 1 nice cooked bowl.
    -get the most out of your weed so you run low less often\make your stash last
    -saves you money on the long run. no need to buy grinders, papers, filter tips or little pipes, nothing. a good 50$ gets you a nice bong and all you need now is herb.
    -get more % of thc from the plant itself (approx 52%, joints=27%, vaporizer=97%)
    -nice, simple and clean way to smoke plus with the bubbling sound and all its an experience of its own :p
    -does not leave your fingers smelling after having smoked
    -not expensive. there are sick bongs for real good prices.
    -personally, I love this one, some might not, but the fact that resin builds up in a bong is a bonus. after a week of smoking .3s once everyday, I have nuff resin to coat a joint with and its pure thc, its called 'poor man's hash' in some places. anyways you could also coat a cig for a sick headrush.
    -the high after hitting a bong is different then that of smoking a joint. it is an intense headrush and you are properly stoned with the wave feeling through your body and it seems to last more than when smoking a joint but the downer i find is more intense and wants to put you to sleep

Cons:
    -It is possible to break the piece\fragile
    -If you want to carry it you need a backpack you cant just walk around with it in your jacket or something\extra cautious when hiding it
    -Spilling
    -Always need new supply of water

Conclusion:
    -Bongs are amazing. Definitely worth buying one, you won't regret it.

13. Pros:
    1. Gets you really high :bongin:
    2. Less hits to get to that level of high
    3. Smoother hits, especially with an ice catcher
    4. The whole process of hitting a bong is kind of cool/stoney
    5. Sort of like a hobby because I'm always thinking about adding things to my bong... New bowls, perc, ash catcher, etc

Cons:
    1. No portability
    2. I'm like OCD about cleaning the water out after every bowl
    3. Expensive

14. lol resin is not anywhere near pure THC; it's actually quite the opposite.