Propylene Glycol THC Tincture Recipe by me

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Tetsuol, Jun 29, 2009.

1. new member here:
    Quick question...anyone have any success with the Blu e-cig? I really like the selection of flavors. Also if this has been done could someone tell me how to do it?
    Thanks!

2. As a former owner of a blu I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with them. Battery life was awful and a very weak vape. I'd never recommend a blu really. I went from a blu to a joye 510 and it was like night and day, its worth it. I currently use a janty eGo and its the best ecig out there by a mile. one charge lasts about 8 hours, its amazing.

But anyway, I've used this exact same process in this thread before many times with great success. the key to getting good results is to be patient when cooking the mixture. i've had many friends ruin a batch of butter by getting overly anxious, and you have to be patient with this in the same way. I do 8 hours minimum.

making smaller amounts was tricky for me because i don't have access to large amounts at once :D so I used a hot plate with a temperature dial and a thick bottomed, high rimmed pyrex petrie dish. It works amazingly well to make enough to fill up one of my ejuice bottles.

3. What about just making iso hash, and then mixing it in the PG, doesn't that eliminate a step (heating herb in PG) and also ensure that u have a potent mix??

4. I've been using an e-cig for about a year now. If ANYONE is going to do this, get a joye 510 manual (means it has a button, instead of 'draw' activated).

As far as I know... THC doesn't mix well with water, and that's the main thing with ecigs.

Also, instead of using PG, you SHOULD be able to use VG aka vegetable glycerin, which you can buy at any local walmart.

5. i've found a few different kinds of propylene glycol...what kind did you use? and how do you get it into the nicotine cartridge?

6. Its been a while since I've read this thread... Has anyone actually been able to smoke THC out of an e-cig? I would love to be able to make it work, it would literally be the perfect toking tool. Smokeless, odorless, no need to repack, vaporizer type high, as small as a cig... the list goes on.

7. Have you read this thread? pages 1,2, and 4 talk about sucess and only a loss in potency through storage,

Has anyone figured out a way for this to last a month or more in the fridge? Or is it pretty much make as you toke?

8. Did YOU read my post?

9. And the post 4 posts before your original one, on the same page.

06-01-2010 08:06 AM soundmakesense Re: Propylene Glycol THC Tincture Recipe by me
    Quote:
    \t\t\t\t\tOriginally Posted by riotgirl626 [​IMG]
    new member here:
    Quick question...anyone have any success with the Blu e-cig?
    Thanks!

As a former owner of a blu I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with them. Battery life was awful and a very weak vape. I'd never recommend a blu really. I went from a blu to a joye 510 and it was like night and day, its worth it. I currently use a janty eGo and its the best ecig out there by a mile. one charge lasts about 8 hours, its amazing.

But anyway, I've used this exact same process in this thread before many times with great success. the key to getting good results is to be patient when cooking the mixture. i've had many friends ruin a batch of butter by getting overly anxious, and you have to be patient with this in the same way. I do 8 hours minimum.

making smaller amounts was tricky for me because i don't have access to large amounts at once :D so I used a hot plate with a temperature dial and a thick bottomed, high rimmed pyrex petrie dish. It works amazingly well to make enough to fill up one of my ejuice bottles.

10. Hi guys would it be a good idea when trying to make the tincture, to use a double boiler so that there isn't direct flame on the solution? I've heard this is vital when making THC butter, oil, etc, and I figured I'd bring out this point prior to making my own batch.

Payce :smoking:

11. From what I've gathered in the thread shelf life isn't that long even refrigerated. Anybody found a way to extend it?

12. #72 Tetsuol, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
    pro tip. as the pioneer of e-cig toking and the self proclaimed guru of said works heres a hot tip i just got a 6volt THERMO e-cig.. THIS IS FOR SERIOS E CIG TOKERS ONLY with its $100+ price tag dont bother unless you know what your doing and know how to mack the juice. it eats through attomizers so i suggest you get cartomizers since you get 5 for the price of 1 atomizer. anyway the THERMO/sparkplug2 makes this 10x better no joke. and as for the remarks of the thc oil gunking up atomizers this is true but with cartomizers they are so cheap like $8 for 5. you use 1 for a week and toss it and pop a fresh one.. thatss $8 a month pretty cheap

13. Just a question or two. I've looked at the MSDS for propylene glycol so I see it's many industrial uses and LD50 and all that. I understand that PG is a solvent in a similar way that ISO and grain alcohols are solvents. So here are a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What is it's evaporative point - i.e. does it evaporate like ISO or other alcohol?

It's described as a "oily" substance in the MSDS' that I read. Does it leave a residue behind or did I miss something in the OP where you do a wash with some other substance/chemical.

Your comment above about "eating through attomizers" kinda makes me go :eek:! That's pretty doggone corrosive stuff man! Sure you want to be inhaling that?

Thanks.

14. the sp2/THERMO e cig burns so hot it burns out atomizers like crazy but on the other hand it delivers aka burns the thc faster providing a better hit and you wont have to worry aboout shelf like making 1 pint cause youll be goung thru thr pg drops like crazy and yes its oily evaporation points i dont know as i keep it covered when cooking then straight to sealed dripper bottles

15. How does one cartridge compare to regular smoking (i.e. how high do you get). Like they say that one nicotine cartridge is equal to about 5-6 cigarettes.

I know this depends greatly on the potency, but in your experience? You said you used a half lb right? I'd be using around a half oz, or less.

16. great post up tatsuol! loved it! if you can respond where you got your PG from?

im in california and im wondering if you can get it at your local walmart, cvs, or walgreens, etc?

or did you get yours online?

and lastly if vg works or would you stick on the safe side with pg? thanks so much bro.

oh and last but not least.... how often did you stir for those 8 hours? or did you stir at all?

thanks again!

17. #77 Tetsuol, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    i actually recently tried this but i could not get them to blend the oil always ended up rising to the top after it cooled down also i get pg at walgreens just go to pharmacy counter and ask its not illegal or anything usualy its not in stock but they will order it for you its roughly $20 a pint also to respond to other poster i stirred it several times an hour at first but recently after making multiple batches with experiance under my belt i only check temps and stir once every 2 hrs or so

18. UPDATE
    LitecigUSA now sells the flavor concentrate and the PG and VG liquids you need to make this

heres a link

American Tobacco Flavor Concentrates

Also as i said in first post please dont ask Shawn or anyone at litecig about how to make this or anything about mj period. this is just my preferred retailer and has nothing to do with my recipe

19. I have some experience with e cigs and home made juices. I have found that polyethelyne glycol 400 (I got it at totally wicked) is an amazing solvent. Much moreso than VG or PG. Would PEG-400 make the extraction any easier?

20. Alright thanks for the info Tetsuol. I've been searching around but i haven't been able to find much conclusive straight to the point directions but, I'll be giving this a shot in the way i think will work.

I will be using about 4-6 grams of dank bud. and 10-15 ml of Propylene Glycol (maybe even less). Im going to gind it up, mix it in, then blend it. Next i will use a double boiler set up on the lowest setting on my electric stove (hopefully it wont be too hot) i will be covering the mixture and stirring it every once in a while. Ill have it heating up for as long as possible. which might be anywhere from 4-8 hours. Then i'll blend it again, let it cool, and strain it through a cheese cloth. I plan on adding some cherry and vanilla flavoring as well

Like most people, i dont have the money or bud to keep experimenting but we shall see how this goes. I will report back, even though I'm not sure if people still read this thread. Please if anyone else has tips or advice for me, let me know.

thanks