Propylene Glycol THC Tincture Recipe by me

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Tetsuol, Jun 29, 2009.

1. if you need extra flavor you can try lorann food flavors.
    the diy e-juice guys make their e-juice this way,adding foot flavor to glycerine or propylene glycol, or a mix of both.

btw,
    are you gonna use hash or honey oil?

2. #42 DELTAnineTHC, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    hash if i can get it, otherwise im gonna just use buds like he said in this thread just like an 8th but if i can get some hash i am gonna try it with some bubble:smoking:

although i dont see why honey oil wouldnt work, i just dont want anything in the tincture that i dont have to have in it, ie trace amounts of butane or isoprophyl. whatever you do you wanna make sure you filter it really good because it WILL fuck up your atomizer if you dont...

3. my first post....New to the cannabis, will be using it for ADHD, and currently have never done pot. found these forums while looking for a way to make my own e-cig liquid.

Over all i think this will be very usefull, but I had a thought to add. If you are not trying to "cook" the PG+bud, only warm it up to releash the THC, why not use a double-boiler, its what cooks use to heat up chocolate with out burning it. Take one pan add water then take a metal bowl and put your PG/Bud in there to heat it up. you temp will stay constantly around 100 ( the temp of boiling water). If any one knows if this is not hot enough to releash the THC and other chemicals from the cannabis please inform me, I think that vaporizers work at around 150, so it might not be hot enough.

4. I have been waiting to try this idea for ages now and last weekend I got the chance (work frowns) I used a normal glass dropper bottle 1/8 of each PG n Green - I was in a rush so just baked green for 20 min gas mark 1 (lowest) ground as much as pos added to bottle n cooked in a pan of water for 2 hours then put the bottle in my water heating closet until new year when im next home, at the moment my girlfriend is shaking when she can. Before I left for work I noticed i probably had a lil bit too much liquid so I syringed some off filtered it with a roll up filter and tested. Three of us had a small tester and it works and tasts good a bit vegylike but good. Oh and i didnt clean my attomizer before letting one of my work mates try my ecig and he recognised it strieght away, I think if done carefully this would be an ideal way to medicate discretely or like me get stoned in a no smoking pub/bar/club.

5. Hey guys glad to see the thread is still alive. It seems the hardest part of this is trying to get the mix potent enough to actually have an effect without having to smoke it for hours. I agree this would be a an amazing way to toke it up super stealth with probably little to no smell. Lets keep experimenting and we will get this soon.

6. I only had a few drops and could feel it but my work does testing so I dont smoke anymore (not often) but my mate tried it n thinks it works too n he is still toking. But realisticly I dont think it would replace smoking or proper vaping but as a top up wen out and about its awesome or for occasional stoners. The taste and smell are just too good to mask for me and they stuck to my atty for days even after using it all day with tobbaco flavour, the nxt morn it made me grin. I cannot wait to get home and test whats left :D

7. Do you think it is better to use propylene glycol rather than vegetable glycerin? I tried combining liquefied iso oil (using some mint extract to make it fluid, because of the high alcohol content as well as the flavor) then mixing that with some of the VG. It didn't work in my e cig (blu brand) it created vapor but didn't give me the desired effect. Even when I swallowed a couple dropper fulls it still didn't have an effect so I think I either didn't make the iso oil the right way (using vapo poo) or I may have heated it to much during the evaporation process. It seems people are just allowing the green to soak in PG with heat and then use that. I think I will try that next and maybe I will try dissolving some iso oil in the PG. Is this the proven method to make a THC cartridge.

8. Personnaly I would cook the poo in the PG/VG not try to mix anything in as thats just watering down I have only used a vaper a couple of times a long time ago so my knowledge of poo is poor but with BUD you need the minimum amount of liquid (just enough to make a mush) so im guessing with poo (already having most goodies removed) you would want less liquid so maybe a paste like consistency, which is going to make filtering harder, so if your making small amounts you cant really squeeze it in cheesecloth or youl lose most of it so I reccomend taking the plunger out of a syringe popping in a cig filter (whole or cut) depending on size of syringe filling the back of the syringe with your paste re fitting the plunger and squeesing for dear life.

As for PG/VG I think they would work the same but VG is thicker so a little more heat may be needed as the cooking proccess is mostly to thin the liquid allowing it to better penetrate the solids. Also storage, if you store it in a place that is warm enough to keep it thin (before filtering) its going to be improving all the time.

Any Ecig that works will vape this as your not vaping Green your vaping VG/PG with suspended THC etc

9. MODS allow to vape at 6 volts though, with two batteries. Increasing vapor action.

thagbuilt.com is the one I got, made my e-juice from BHO and will test this weekend.

10. :eek: Shi% F4#@, if i new there was a post here id've saved a zip of some high grade stuff, i already got the hang of it now thou, i'd recomend a seperate atomizer cause the liquid is more oily than regular e juice, also good idea on the flavoring, think ima try that next time maybe apple or god should i say it, peanut butter :yummy:
    :smoking: gotta love my 510

11. #51 (x_x)Zombie, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    so i finaly used humco (walmart brand glicorine) and the vape is much more thick, it also got way darker and more potent, dam neer a real bowl it is a little more bitter than most so i definitly recomend adding flavor, but this time i used my xcese "hash" and boiled it in ever so little water and added the strained water to lightin up the mix, it also tastes almost like a bowl now with rich smoke looks like VG is the way to go here guys a bottle of humco is by the disenfectants section in walmart or u can get a sweeter version the "wilco" brand or something another it should be at hobby shops near the baking goods if u use this post and let us kno ur results, the bud i used was super fire best bud i had in a while, my batch was about 30ml for 8grams but i made it super thick so thats where the water came in, vapes almost like any e liquid i tried but it took less longer to cook:smoking:
    (bout 4 hours and make sure to add water after cooked it kinda made me fell a little nausais

12. I'll be ordering a blu cig in a few days and I want to sort out my plan before it arrives. I have a kief catcher grinder and an oz of this bud called romulan, it's covered with crystals. My plan is to grind up the whole oz as I smoke it so at the end of 2 or 3 weeks I'll have a good amount of kief (anyone know how much I should end up with?).

I will then put all the kief in the Honey Bee Extractor and make BHO. This is where my plan gets fuzzy. Can I just mix (boil?) the BHO with PG and end up with the right consistency/potency? I'll go on assuming that this will work...

Next I'll use a dropper to get the fluid into an empty cartridge and vape it. Would it work better if I combined my BHO/PG mixture with the e-juice that's already in the cart? Some of the flavors from Blu sound pretty tasty...

Anyway, will this plan work?

13. #53 jambandphan03, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    I have been working on this one for the last few weeks, and have had decent results. I am not using PG because it makes me feel bad, but I am using the VG to make the extraction and use in my e-cig. Here is what I have figured out so far.

Mix your herb/vg in a canning jar, heat in a pan of water, double boiler style for about 30 mins. stirring regularly, let cool in the water, then cap and dry the jar, set aside (I keep my mix resting on a heating pad covered with a towel) Repeat the heating process for at least a week solid, longer if you can wait. You want your VG/plant material to look dark, almost black, I have found that I can increase the potency if I make another batch of alcohol tincture at the same time, using herb and hash, and follow the same procedure as the VG. It is also good to wait until the alcohol mix looks almost black. Then when you are ready to collect your VG liquid, strain it out into another container, I use a metal screen/scoop like the kind you use when deep frying, or a coffee press works well too, and do the same with the alcohol tincture, and mix them together. Double boil off the alcohol, and you are left with a very thick, dark VG tincture. In order for this to work in an e-cig, I found that I had to get a centrifuge (ebay) and spin it for several hours to separate the particulate out of the liquid, which leaves you with a nice dark clean looking amber VG liquid. You can at this point use it as an oral tincture, or if you want to e-cig it, carefully dilute it with distilled water, careful to not add too much, a little at a time is best, and test a few drops out in the e-cig. If your VG is too thick you will clog your atomizer quickly, if you thin it out too much, it will not vape in the e-cig properly. Those e-cigs can be picky. I know you can do a similar process with the PG, but since I can't use it, I have not done much testing with it.

As far as herb/vg ratio, I am still working on that, my first batch was a jar filled with broken up high quality herb 3/4 full probably close to an Oz, 2-3 grams of keef and then I just saturated it with VG until it was soupy. That resulted in a mild-medium potency VG liquid, until I added the alcohol tinc. to that batch, which made the potency noticabley stronger. My latest batch that is still soaking has 1/4oz of herb to 4oz of VG, and then with the alcohol tinc. I mixed 1/4oz herb and 7 grams of bubble hash and just added enough alcohol to saturate it, since volume will not matter after I evaporate it off.

I will report more after I do more testing. The centrifuge was the key to making this work in the e-cig, I got mine on ebay for $50, I got one of the old school stainless steel ones, that looks like a UFO. There were many other models on there, mostly box shaped plastic lab looking ones, I don't know how well they hold up, but I imagine they are all good to use. I use the blu/volcano e-cig and the 510 and this has worked well in both. I found dripping a couple of drops on the wick workes pretty good, as opposed to loading a cart full, though you can put some in the cart, I just kept flooding my atomizer. Maybe I was loading too much in the cart, not sure.

As far as the effect, I have found it is more concentrated as a relaxing body buzz,similar to eating it, or taking it in tincture form, much better suited for treating pain, rather than the heavy high or stoned feeling. I don't get as foggy in the mind, so I am more functional, but still feel mildly sedated/uplifted from the body buzz. I don't know if this will change as potency increases as I am still in the testing phase. The e-cig helps me fulfill the smoking habit, and is simply enjoyable. If you are not sensitive to PG, there are all kinds of flavors out there you can add to make it taste like different things. Bickford and Loranne flavors (use water soluble only flavors for e-cig) work well, but are made with PG, so I have found one website that offers a few non-PG flavor americaneliquidstore.com
    Good luck to you all...:wave:

14. Thanks for the reply man, very interesting stuff. After further research I think I'm gonna get the Volcano over the Blu, do you have both? What are the differences between the two? They seem pretty much the same at first glance.

15. #55 JBDpullCARBbub, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
  16. Very nice info here. I've been working on a tincture for sublingual use and ran across this thread.

From my research on tinctures, I found out that if you mix vegetable glycerin and grain alcohol, you have propylene glycol. Is this correct?

Here's how I've been doing it lately, from gathering info from different areas of the web.:hello:

I use four grams of good bud that's been ground and baked at 200*F for 15 minutes. Then mix with 1oz of vegetable gycerin and 1oz of grain alcohol(everclear) in a mason jar. Shake for about twenty minutes, then strain through a metal coffee filter. After straining, I then use the double boiler method to reduce to a little over 1oz of vegetable gycerin/thc tincture which I spread out over four days using about 13ml over the course of a day, sublingually with drops. (shake well before use) :D:smoke:

Hope this helps. :smoke:

17. I haven't tried it yet, but by mixing the vegetable glycerin/thc tincture with beeswax and low heat in a double boiler, it makes a skin cream when cooled. I think it can even be used to make soap, lol, not sure I'd go there though. I'll let you all know how the cream goes when I've actually tried it.:)

The drops are versatile and can be put in drinks, food or taken under the tongue. Stealth like for sure. :cool:

18. ok...so this is all SUPER exciting!!! my ecig is coming tomorrow and i wana start cooking this stuff asap!
    I'm gunna use Tetsuol's recipe:
    i was just hoping someone could confirm the ratio for me...it's 1:1...i know it's 1 oz green...is it 1 fluid oz pg? that really doesn't seem like enough liquid to me to get anything other than a slightly mushy brick....can someone confirm the 1oz green : 1floz pg? Thanks everyone!!!

19. I'm with Maniac. I just ordered my prosmoke mini vaper and cant wait. i want to try this too but i am looking for a simple recipe for using a quater or even an 1/8. (on a budget here and want to practice and make sure its worth it before making a giant batch). Unfortunately i have little to no experience with chems, or processing green. Can you break this recipe down for a beginner with a small budget using a small amount of your commonly attainable "high grade"? could i even beg that it be idiot proof and yielding a high potency while cost effective? LOVE THE POST:hello::hello::hello:

20. so...i got my PG in the mail and i'm gunna cook this stuff up next weekend...one last thing i'm curious about is stiring...should i stir it or just let it sit?