Prop's Indoor Cookies Kush and CBD Skunk Haze Jungle (Mars Hydro Epistar 320 LED SCROG)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Propalad, Nov 3, 2016.

1. been a while since ive made an update, reason for that being that the two clones took a bit longer to start rooting than expected but both of them are doing well! Here are some pictures of my garden. The Auto Blueberry Bliss is flowering fine and dandy, while im noticing the CBD skunk haze and Cookies kush mommas are really filling up the scrog net. my little homemade DIY bubble bucket is all the way on the right top
    Edit: question to those that have experience with hydro, is it time for me to start putting in nutes or should i let some more roots establish?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hydro is all I grow. Since it's a clone it's an established plant and now that there's roots it's time to start feeding her. I would add enough nutes to get the PPM up to 250-300 and gradually go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hi all,
    All of my plants are doing fine, in particular my mars hydro cup Cookies kush which I am experimenting in a DWC bucket with. Rate of growth in comparison to what I have experienced in coco(I have used exclusively canna coco prof plus with added trichoderma) is beyond belief. I will be flipping the remainder of the plants in my tent to 12/12 once my auto blueberry is complete. Here are some pictures of my first hydro plant. EC checked in at 1.1 today pH at 5.8. I threw out and made my selection by the way on which clone i am keeping. Currently am using a cheap 4L/minute airpump, I am going to get myself an additional pump in a couple of days. Reason for this being is that I want to rather prevent than treat having any major root issues by keeping my res temp low and DO levels high.
    Last pic is the clone i threw out, may as well keep it as an ornamental room plant for a couple of days :)
    Furthermore my mars hydro 320 panel is working solid, no loud fans and all of the LED diodes are functioning 100%.
    @mike45214 I am very interested in adding additional mycorrizhae and bacillus bacteria into the res but am not sure whether it is worth it, whats your opinion/experience? Am currently using GH 3 part series.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Like you said prevention is better than treating the issue. I use Great White and HydroGuard to keep issues at bay and they work. Before I got a water chiller I've had temps in the high 70s low 80s and never had root rot. Investing in a healthy root zone is well worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Good good, the roots of the plant are strong

• Like Like x 1
  6. hello all,
    So everything has been running smooth, I am still dialing in DWC but the cookies kush is growing explosively after i added voodoo and piranha with some carboload. To be honest im getting kind of impatient with my autoflower i want it to finally finish so i can flip the rest of my plants because otherwise i wont have enough room left for flowering the remaining plants. If i had another tent I would flip the remaining babies most likely within a week. Kind of worried that I overdid it with the training on the auto look at how many cola's it has, its currently through 4 weeks of flower. She does look like a beauty though im hoping that the calyxess will still properly fatten up later during swelling. Against typical recommendations I also defoliated the autoflower a week ago to give her some light penetration and it has helped drastically. Pictures are shit apologies will do a better job next time round haha, willl post some pictures of the DWC plant in the upcoming days

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Some shots of my autoflower, its currently in its 5th week. DWC cookies kush, coco coir cookies kush and coco CBD skunk haze are still in veg and will be for a minimum of 2-3 more weeks. pictures from the DWC plant are from 4 days ago

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. The pics are OK, I can see the plants are so great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Quick update today, going to keep it short. Im in the midst of a dilemma because the remaining 3 plants(photo) are really filling up the tent, therefore I wont be able to flower all of them in the same tent. I will be ordering an additional tent soon so that I will have two flowering tents going straight away once this auto is finally done. I could also otherwise say fuck it and throw out one of the big plants but to be honest I have never smoked CBD bud before so I really cant let go of the CBD skunk haze, nor can I let go of my coco coir cookies kush because I am also growing DWC cookies kush(for the mars cup) and I would love to get a side by side flavor comparison using different nute lines(Canna vs GH trio) and of course the different mediums they are growing in. I will be throwing my spare 400w HPS into the other tent when it all arrives. I will be flowering the DWC cookies 100% under the LED with one of the other big plants, not too sure which one but I shall see(maybe DWC cookies under LED, coco coir cookies under 400w hps??will take suggestions). Blueberry is starting to purple up nicely and calyx's are stacking and fattening up. Guess it wasnt that short of an update after all lol have a good one folks
    P.S I am wondering to myself how this autoflower managed to get so many tops in a densely canopy that the blueberry has. Think the only thing I can attribute it to is the LED spectrum preventing any kind of excessive stretching and providing marginally better light penetration than a typical HID set up. The weird yellowing of leaves on the cookies kush on the top is due to a mutation, it has been stunning me because I have been unable to diagnose what is causing it or what it may be. My first suspect was TMV but after looking at many pictures of plants affected by TMV it did not resemble a similar yellowing whatsoever..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2nd tent is in, coco coir cookies kush is in that tent now with 400w HPS starting 12/12 today. Here are some pictures of the second area set up. Will post some pictures of the DWC cookies kush, Auto blueberry and CBD skunk haze in my main tent with mars pro epistar 320 in a couple of days so keep your eyes peeled. Have a suprise to show you all then :) And forgot to mention flipping my main tent to 12/12 as well within a week. Going to have lots of beautiful buds coming up soon! :Love-Plant::weed-4:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Opened the LED tent today to take a look at the auto Blueberry and I was left speechless, I always get a little tingling sensation towards to end of flower when I notice calyxes really start to explode as plants start their natural response screaming to get pollinated. Sorry about getting off topic, here are some pictures, nuff said I believe. Shes starting her flush in next 3 days

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Checked my calendar today and only 68 days till the end of the mars hydro cup, therefore LED tent is being flipped to 12/12 today. There is a two day difference the HPS and LED tent going into flowering so it will be interesting to see which develops flowers quicker. (granted it may not be a 100% fair comparison, 400w doesnt even come close to the 720w that the 320 mars hydro pulls). Auto started her flush today

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think I may have beaten the cookies curse(lots of reports of fem seeds turning male or hermie from barneys farm) both my DWC cookies kush clone and the Coco cookies kush mom expressed female pre flower sex during veg stage but now im seeing a lot more white pistils pop up near the stipules, fingers crossed that i dont have any nanners pop up. CBD Skunk haze is also doing fantastic under the LED. I have the temperatures dialed in very well in both of my tents, so much so that I actually have been able to run the Mars 320 pro as close as 35cm to the top of the canopy of the plants. That may sound preposterous but seeing as I have an autoflower in the tent and two photos for now I have to keep the light at an appropriate level, autoflower is a little bit smaller in height. Will be posting some juicy pictures soon :weed:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #114 Propalad, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Auto Blueberry bliss chopped yesterday after a total of 63 days of being in flowering. I always was someone skeptical growing autoflowers in regards to yields because I personally am a person that needs to medicate in large amounts. Seeing as it was only a somewhat experiment on the side to gain experience, Im glad to say that I actually yielded more than I expected. She grew some truly fat nugs, with a very definite skunky bud structure/formation. Has very sweet and fruity aroma followed by that heavy skunk scent. Here are some pictures which I have been trying to deliver on for so long yet I just didnt seem to be able to get some good pictures. The autoflower truly prospered under my Mars Hydro epistar 320 pro. Do have to say that from my own observations, photo and autoflower plants will stretch less during the first 4-5 weeks of flower under the mars hydro panel(or other LED panels included) in contrast to the typical HPS lighting set ups. Going to end the update here for now, all my other babies are in 12/12 right now and between 10-12 days since the flip so will be posting pictures of that soon. Thanks to all of those that have stuck by and shown their interest, I hope to furthermore keep you all at bay with the upcoming DWC cookies kush, CBD skunk haze, and another cookies kush in coco coir under a seperate 400w. Am considering getting some of my harvest tested for THC/CBD, would be interesting to see

P.S I know the trim could be better but I did a quick wet trim before I hung the buds up

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  15. This is what the LED tent looks like, plant on the left is DWC cookies, on the right is CBD skunk haze. The cookies kush is devouring the remaining room and stretching more which is why im still scrogging some more of its cola's

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. #116 Propalad, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    decided it was time for another update, havent been posting as much because as we all know the first 4 weeks of flowering are not too exciting except for maybe the stretch. Here is the LED tent, have added additional fans on every corner in tent. The DWC cookies kush is thriving like a power house, taken over 3/4 of the 1x1m tent. nonetheless the biggest observations i have made are as of follows
    1. cookies kush started off with a very sweet cinammon smell early on in veg. After two weeks in flower it developed to almost quite literally a baby barf scent with a hint of kush, now this smell has developed into a kushy aroma accompanied by an earthy aftertone with hints of cheese, already is stinking VERY pungent,
    2. Cookies kush pheno is leaning towards the sativa side, look at the CBD skunk haze in that tent with its large and thick fan leaves. My plans as of now are to run both of these strains for 9 weeks as a minimum, most likely 10-11 weeks.
    3. CBD skunk haze has a very strong fruity pine scent to it, if I had to do a blind smell test of the plant not knowing what strain it is, I would classify it as something that is similar to some Lemon Kush or Lavender from Soma seeds.
    4. I am aware that every CBD seed you grow WILL ALWAYS be a hit and miss in terms of the THC:CBD ratio simultaneous with its individual terpene profile. Just because a breeder advertises seeds as being a CBD strain, it can very well still occur that the plant you grow consists of majorly THC rather than CBD, or the other way around almost completely CBD and minimal THC. I really do hope to have hit the lottery with the pheno but only time will tell, one thing that i am very satisfied about is the strong expression of indica genes, which I have been craving for a while now!! :smoking-rapper:
    Thats it for today I believe, oh last thing I have started an outdoor project of some cherry tomatoes, will be adding some other vegetables, weather outside has been improving finally :Love-Plant:
    Edit: forgot to add, I have added Bloombastic by Atami to my nutrient regiment for flowering. have started with 0.25ml/L from week 3. Have called them personally to inquire about their product because well, their description on the label is not very precise or informative. It contains enzymes, sugars(not molasses), PK14/15, and plant hormones that they did not want to specify individually. The liquid is VERY viscous, I have used canna Boost before and this stuff completely destroys canna boost, a lot more affordable as well.Have been using it on my Coco and DWC plants so far with very good results

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. What led light are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just one light? How high do you have it above your plants ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. No where do I see a picture of the hydro mars and the plants together

20. Im using the Mars hydro epistar 320 pro :) having very good results with it so far. has an approximate wattage of 720w and i can run that in a 1x1 with a very low CFM(320m/phr) vent and filter. I can put the light up to as close as 30cm to the top of the canopy of the plant, this is also because im running lots of internal circulation in the tent. temperatures never exceed 28 degrees, on average they stay between 26-28 degrees. In a 1x1m tent using HPS you would probably be maxed out with just a 600w light, topped out to 660w if you 'supercharge' using your special electronic digital ballast amd you would require stronger vents and filters. Im running a 400w HPS in a 80x80cm tent which I ran in my larger 1x1m tent before, and it brought the temps up to the exact same temperature that my 720w LED panel does. I have not had any experience with White LED cob lighting which has been rising in popularity so therefore I cant give you any opinion on that.
    tl;dr LED panels do emit less heat per watt consumed on average, yet even with LED panels there will be a threshold of maximum light(or in the situation of LED's PAR) in the grow space you can provide your plants unless you supplement additional Co2

• Like Like x 2