Prop's Indoor Cookies Kush and CBD Skunk Haze Jungle (Mars Hydro Epistar 320 LED SCROG)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Propalad, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Looks good man. Just curious Is that heat stress or normal for this gal? The leaf curl ... looks like you are going to have some big blooms . How are your temps

Sent from my SM-J320P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. thanks man it is very appreciated! Take note though with the viparspectra LED's that they are more focused on the veg cycle unlike the Mars lights because they have larger amount of blue to red ratio, but you probably know this already :p Ive got myself some CBD skunk haze, barneys farm cookies kush and auto blueberry bliss seedlings vegging in a seperate area atm :smiley-rolling-joint:
    and Sara I am indeed having a great time so far with this panel, I will for sure be keeping you all updated :jump:

• Like Like x 1
  3. It may be due to heat stress you are correct, whenever I run the tent with lights on the plant can be at 30 degrees celcius, so i usually like to keep a flap on my tent open to run it down to 25 degrees celcius. She is supposed to be 95% sativa 5% indica so she should be able to handle the heat a bit better, thats a very good eye you got there though spotting that! :) I just feel inclined to mix my LED panel with the HPS because i believe it will give more dense nugs or thats what I have been reading from other people.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I plan on eventually getting some deep red led to supplement flower in the future, but since i am coming from pure cfl grows there is no disappointment to be had, lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. yea that is a great solution, buying two flowering UFO's with 3-5w diodes that actually penetrate, but my dream is to have my HPS+LED panel setup on top, and then have two mars 300 or mars 96 reflector panels on the side hanging down as supplemental lighting so that even the parts in the middle of the canopy can grow properly without having to defoliate like a mad man haha

6. Don't let your dreams be dreams! That would be amazing, i am working with a kinda small space so ufo's i think would be overkill for me. I think i am gonna get like 4-6 of these to supplement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shit, link doesnt work
    2W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb Amazon

8. heres a small little teaser, she is only starting to explode and she is so big already......

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you and great, I will keep my eyes on your girls

• Like Like x 1
  10. So today ive added a supplemental UVB/UVA/UVC exo terra bulb, this baby is really taking a toll on my bank account but I want to treat her with only the best of the best. Will give you guys an update sometime in the next week. She is presenting a very strong citrus/haze smell so far, yet I believe that she will still create some stellar jaw dropping buds! Keep your eyes peeled for a suprise soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got my eye on it bro, look forward to the update. I am gonna update my grow later today once i set-up my second led once it gets dropped off on my doorstep! The hole in the wallet will pay off, it is a vicious circle of constant improvement when it comes to growing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You put so much care on the baby, she will feel shame if she let you down, so she will be the best.

• Like Like x 1
  13. end week 4 in early week 5 now. Sorry about the LED color pictures forgot to take pictures with only flash:RoorRip:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Still can see the plants grow very great ;) looking forward the next update

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey propalad!

Man I was Salivating over this thread and was gripped into the dialogue even. So cool to see this great of a grow as your first grow ! Unbelievable ! You're a natural . I'm also really impressed with the switch from hps to LED, never heard of veg with hps and flower with LED , that's awesome! Gonna be watching this one closely ! More pics!!! hope you and the ladies are well!

It makes me feel the way I need to feel

300 watt LED critical kush micro grow

• Like Like x 2
  16. It was actually vegged under a 6400K 120W CFL with mixed sunlight, then swapped to an MH bulb, then we added MH and HPS together, and then we swapped to HPS mixed spectrum and the Mars Pro II 320 Epistar. Finally we added a UVB desert reptile bulb for trichomes :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks bud, really appreciate it! loving your grow as well you are doing fantastic :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. im sorry guys but i really couldnt resist posting some pictures after I looked at the baby under normal light
    edit: the curling on some leaves is still from the heat stress a couple days ago but it is improving

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. #59 Propalad, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    So i have some bad news today, my friends epistar 320 who also received his at the same time as mine, has shown malfunction. Mars hydro has been made aware of this already but I do feel like I have to express my disappointment because these are 500eur+ panels, and we have only had them for some weeks. In one of the corners the LED's are completely messed up, one of the diodes is literally BURNT out, and the veg colors in one of the corners arent working at ALL. this is making me extremely unhappy and worried because my friend ran his panel in the tent at no higher than 23 degrees celcius with RH levels never exceeding 55% , and i am running an additional HPS so i really have my fingers crossed that this doesnt happen to my panel as well. Pictures included of course to show what I mean.
    Edit: this post is not meant to hate on Mars Hydro, they have fantastic and excellent customer service.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. To be fair though Mars Hydro are super supportive and helpful so I'm not worried its not the end of the world it will probably get resolved :)

• Like Like x 1