proposition 8?

Discussion in 'General' started by cold cheese, Nov 5, 2008.

1. what's everyone's opinion on prop 8?
    i think that discrimination is stupid and it's very immature for people to take away rights from american born citizens.
    as for the religious matters, i know it might be against your religion, but hey man, we're all friends here.. why can't you YES-ON-8-ers lighten up and just accept that everyone is equal?

2. FUCK PROP 8!
    fuckin everyone deserves to marry how they were born w the same sex or opposite

3. does anyone know what happened with prop 8 tonight?

4. fuck prop 8

i'm pretty sure it didn't pass

5. Prop 8 got knocked out of the window, guys.

Shouldn't be an issue.

Ever.

6. live and let live. is how i see it.
    and i dont think it would be right at all to take away their rights. after thet have already been granted them.
    fucking lds mormons are to blame

7. #7 tokin jax, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    fuck prop 8. Gays getting married has no direct impact on my life, therefore i don't care if they get married. Christ, if it makes them happy then by all means let them get married.

8. Everybody should be allowed to marry whomever they want
    (as long as they're not a minor or a member of another species)

Discrimination based on sexual orientation is as repugnant as discrimination based on race or which particular substance people choose to put into their bodies. Discrimination is evil!

9. Everyone is equal under the law. Period. Equality is what America was founded on, and i voted NO

10. Uh prop 8 passed everyone.

11. so now the big question is what about people with both sex organs. a hermaferdite might not legaly qualify as a male or female. therefore, are you suggusting that if such a person were to fall in love they would not legally be able to marry ANYONE? UGH..... prop 8 is a bunch of shit

12. i feel like people are voting yes only because the word marriage... seriously if you dont want people to be equal cause a damn word what is wrong with you.
    give me a reason backed by support why it shouldnt be allowed and i will change my mind

13. I voted No on (prop 2 here in Florida) but it passed as well. I think 4 different states had that initiative and all 4 passed..

14. I'd like to try using a little political science to clear this up a bit. Propositions in California are usually poorly-worded or structured in terms of legalese and can be added onto the ballot according to certain rules and monetary obligations. Although the issue strikes close to home in many individuals, gay marriage is a "wedge issue". This basically means it is an issue used to divide the population (to give the parties something to argue over). A truly equally right bill would assign all couples the label of civil partners. Married or in a civil union, the government doesn't even have to get involved. It can testify to whatever you want to call it, but it doesn't have to give a damn about what it means to you to call it that.

15. #16 nugglord_420, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    Right... :rolleyes:

You do understand that our country was founded by slave owning white men who beat their wives, right?

Anyway... on to the topic of Proposition 8.

I have no clue what it is (Michigan Resident, sorry), but I'm going to look into it in a couple minutes here.

EDIT - Yeah, strike down Prop 8. And bkadoctaj, I completely agree with your logic. I think that would make the most sense. "Marriage" should be an issue left to the Church, while civil unions should be there to define legal parameters for everyone.

16. Yeah, but at least they toked. :D

17. Indeed, fuck prop 8.. everyone should be able to marry and be miserable!

wootz

18. Prop 8 passed by 51% in california.

19. OK, so what is Proposition 8? I'm Welsh and don't follow American Politics...someone enlighten me?