Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Properties of Cannabinoids [PIC]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Apr 13, 2009.

1. A study was recently done in California that has a better break down of chemicals in marijuana I've attached a copy, these properties can be increased in certain strains by growing methods not by burning temperature, the study was done by being able to keep the THC in its current state by testing it with liquids as opposed to heat like most labs

Attached Files:

2. Great! It's amazing how many uses this plant has!!:)

3. I would attribute this to the design of the vaporizer/screen itself. The settings on the vapes are such that they release heat at a specified temperature, but this probably cools as it moves throughout the apparatus. I think that at the interface between the herbs/screen and the hot air, even more significant cooling can occur. So while you may have a set temp on your vape, I don't believe that it is necessarily accurate once it reaches the herbs.

So yes, I think that the air cools a bit and as a result you end up with vapor deposition of the resin. I'm not saying it can't be done, but we lack tools to make such fine adjustments to our vaporizing experience. Lab quality tools (that is, engineered to provide optimal accurate reputable/repeatable results while ignoring other more superfluous qualities of consumer grade stuff) would probably need to be used to produce the proper magnitude of heated air with little to no fluctuation in temperature over the entire surface area of the herbs.

4. Good thread. amazing how so many different cannabiniods work together for so many different positive effects

5. How's it going I'm 18 years old from MA. 2 years ago, I suffered an L5 stress fracture while weightlifting (training for baseball season). The fracture caused a compression of the sciatic nerve root which caused a great deal of burning/numbing pain down the back of my leg. After consulting 2 doctors (one suggested chiropratics which only worsened my pain) I had and MRI done revealing the fracture. After missing baseball for 6 months, I worked through 8 weeks of physical therapy and saw a fair improvement in my discomfort. 2 years later now I continue to keep my core strength up but over the past 6 months or so I've been noticing a similar shooting pain in my lower back. Though it is not nearly as painful as when I first injured myself, it is a constant. I have trouble sitting down for long periods of time and some nights I can't even fall asleep. My doctor had informed me that this might be something that I have to live with. I do live in MA and we just recently legalized medicinal marijuana this past winter though they're still in the process of setting up standards, regulations, restrictions etc. Basically my question is would I qualify for a medical recommendation when I eventually consult a doctor? I'd like to stay away from any surgery and any painkillers/opiates especially. Much obliged guys any input I'd appreciate. Peace

6. Immunosuppression so then it does lower your immunity?
    [​IMG]

7. Immunosuppression so then it does lower your immunity?
    [​IMG]

8. Immunosuppression so then it does lower your immunity?
    [​IMG]

9. Marijuana does not always drive people crazy and make them nuts, but also has many benefits in the medical field. As we can see in that image there are so many uses of Cannabis.

10. keeps your immune system from becoming overactive.. IE: HIV/AIDS, Cancer (think tumor markers), rheumatoid arthritis, etc.. 

11. I am a newbie, and got my  CA MMJ Rx yesterday. I am trying to find CBD ONLY capsules, which I understand is available in CO. Spent yesterday & today visiting/phoning dispensaries with no luck. I have fibromyalgia, migraines, and Degenerative disc disease, and the narcotics are no longer touching the pain. If anyone knows of such a product in CA, I'd appreciate it if you would share the name with me. Some dispensaries had "KindCaps" which contains THC. They told me that you MUST have THC for the CBD to work. This goes against everything that I have read in my research. So, again, if anyone knows that name of a CBD only capsule/under tongue tincture. I would appreciate a share of your knowledge. BTW...I live in the San Jose area.

Actually yes, Marijuana has been shown to effect the function of many of our immune cells, not all for the better.  Our CB2 receptors are widely dispersed in our immune system because as we're well aware, we don't only have cannabinoid receptors in our brain (the CB1 subtype).  Many studies were able to test this by injecting mice and working in vitro (meaning in a petri dish) with delta-9 THC and seen its subsequent effect on infections.  Activity after it binds to receptors on immune cells such as macrophages (really important immune cells that basically "eat" microbial pathogens) were noted.  Turns out the microbes became more resistant to our cells in the presence of THC.  This might account for why some people get sick more often (not everyone) or have a large increase in mucus production, mucus isn't only linked to the smoke. 

Also, it's good to note that amongst all these therapeutic effects which have been pretty well defined, cannabidiol (the NONpsychoactive chemical) contains MOST of the positive effects.  This is something that can be easily extracted from the plant and used medically.  So the component that's getting you high isn't responsible for a lot of the physiologic benefits.  Mind you, I believe there are lot of undiscussed potential mental and spiritual benefits from the high component which is a different debate.  But if we want to view marijuana in a medical light, we can not dispute that cannabidiol, something that doesn't even get us high is truly the strong therapeutic component.   

13. This is partially true, marijuana does help prevent the the immune system from becoming too proliferative and has many antitumor properties to it.  There is not good concrete evidence that it is actually beneficial in AIDS patients.  It is used pretty extensively for symptom relief in these patients but one study I read did show that it could actually potentiate certain infections.

Now recently there was finally a pretty conclusive and interesting study done on the effect of CB2 activation in HIV patients.  Turns out because of marijuana's anti-proliferative properties (it helps things from growing fast, kills tumors, etc.) HIV patients might benefit greatly from toking every so often.  HIV likes to chill in macrophages amongst other immune cells and apparently CB2 activation actually helps attenuate the virus - http://www.templehealth.org/content/newsroom.htm?page_id=11&minor=1&inCtx5pg=0&inCtx5news_id=542&inCtx5news=3&site_id=1&inCtx5order_by=S:[start_date]%20desc&major=4&inCtx5view=36 

I think it can be tailored to work for AIDS patients in future pharmaceutical advances. 

14. Assuming a person has a high cbd strain and was using it in edibles.... would it need to be decarbed to receive the benefits of cbd?Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Yes. CBD-A does not have the same benefits of CBD. The acid must be removed just as THC in order to get the most. CBD-A has some good uses (anti microbial if I remember correctly off the top of my head) but the most use comes after decarboxylation. Just depends on what you use it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #118 Travel420, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    True, and vaporizers deliver at least 3 times as much THC into your bloodstream as any other method.

17. #119 Galaxy420, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    if you can wake people up to the fact that cannabis eaten raw will not make you trip. and if you dose correctly you can get high cbd and low thc, no trip again. or if you want to trip hard core there are strains for that. some people just need to trip balls!

check out the vaporizer globe method shona banda uses. the globe condenses the vapor onto the glass surface evenly to be scraped later.

I think vapes do not loose at least three times as much, they are approaching 70 or 80% efficiency ratings as compared to burning cannabis but eating cannabis will give you all of what it has to offer. the beauty of this plant, you can use it in multiple ways to come to different but similar outcomes each time.

has someone checked this out?  please post here is you click this link, thanks.

18. #120 berylncha00, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    good article.[​IMG]