Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Properties of Cannabinoids [PIC]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Apr 13, 2009.

1. The endocannabinoid system needs to be studied much, much further to even start to answer that. There is no evidence that botanical cannabis effects the endocannabinoid system the way that drugs like crack and heroin effect dopamine.

2. Interesting post. THC = <3

3. Adjustment to any radical change in neurotransmitter levels can make already vulnerable individuals suffer mentally. That is the case if you smoke lots of weed and stop suddenly or take strong prescription drugs (or drugs such as E which alters serotonin or Cocaine, which alters the dopamine). The trick is make adjustments slowly to allow your brain to adapt gradually, this also applies to starting any drug (in my opinion)

Anyway back to grass... this is my research departments lastest education video on the subject of the neuroscience behind cannabinoids: Cannabis-Based Medicines - Research Showcase Films - University of Reading

enjoy :) stay tuned for the findings from our mental health studies, first report due in September.

4. Thanks alot for this. Now I know what temp to vape at to take care of my arthritis/joint problems

5. Would you mind making a downloadable PDF of this?

6. I m sorry ,could you explain to me what you mean.I am an ignoramus.:wave:

7. Great post. very informative

8. hey any chance of posting the link or source from where you got it so I can cite it for my paper...thanks

9. very nice information dude.....plz provide its detail link tooo

10. #90 RamAbballah, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    If you haven't already, check earlier in the thread where someone smarter than I am explains that the temperatures you see are boiling temperatures and not sublimation temps (phase change from solid to vapor without transitioning to liquid) and as such wouldn't really work....

On a related topic, I recently got an Extreme Q vape and I notice the fine mesh bowl-screens that fit into the elbow pieces are getting quickly clogged by resinous liquid that then hardens and needs to be cleaned out (a little dip in alcohol and hot water take care of it). Because of the information I repeated above, specifically the skipping of the liquid stage, is this a sign that I'm using too low of a temperature and not really achieving sublimation?

11. Should post a dictonary with this so we know what the hell those properties even are... like I dont even know half of those words... durrrrrrrrrr

12. This is Lucky2. I have a question. The boiling points for the cannabinoids,THC,CBD,CBN is this at 1atm of pressure or is this related to vacuum pressure boiling points?

13. anyone have a better pic of the second which isnt that small?

14. Sorry about that dealwitit the small size of my copy and I forgot to list the website I got that from.

15. Anyone have a copy of the smaller one yet?

16. great chart!

17. Should be at 1atm +/- unless the pressure is listed with the temperature clearly. You'r right as pressure goes down boiling point goes down just like water. Add % relative humidity to the equation and it would take a psychometric chart to describe what boils when for each cannabinoid. If your thinking of using the boiling point in an attempt to refine to pure the $64,000.00 question is what does the condensing temperature/pressure relationship look like. Answer that and we can go designer with picking and blending our favorite VOC's

18. Asthmatic much information on the boiling points of cannabinoids is quite confusing.I refer to the Merck Index,CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics and Langes Handbook.I definitely pay attention to journal articles but different researchers set there own mmHg pressure to separate the Cannabinoids.But THC my main concern is that many people say the boiling point is 157 degrees centigrades.The Merck Index will say 200 degrees centigrade @0.02mmHg.And some references just say the boiling point is 200 degrees centigrade. There is a big difference between the two boiling points as you pointed out.If it doesn't say anything about reduced pressures then one is to see it as meaning @ 1atm..

19. #100 Asthmatic, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    I think we are in agreement, it is the books that seem to be out of sync., check publication dates and resolve to the most recent information that is reputable. My understanding of boiling and condensing liquids is refrigeration based. I left my days in the lab behind in 1981, I'm an old mechanic now. i still don't know your intention in understanding the separate and specific evaporation points unless you're looking for a refining process that allows you to come to pure.

The easy answer is don't worry about the boiling temperature too much until it becomes an obstetrical. It is the condensing temperature that will recover the cannabinoids. Boil them all and then pick each out separately one at a time from the vapor that forms by strictly controlling your condenser temperature. I'd replace the atmosphere in my boiler with an inert gas or use CO2 to prevent the combustion of my organic input but would not try to work in a vacuum. Some of what most of us want in our medicine is volatile at room temperature-1atm ( It is what makes it smell so darn good to us ) It may not get any one high but then that is not the real point here is it. Any way after you find your first condensable and remove it from the vapor lower the condenser's operating temprature and pick out the next and so on until you have them all Incl. the water vapor. It could require some very delicate temperature control. If you just want it all and are not trying to go designer it can get even easier, condense every thing but the water and be done with.