Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Proper way to rip a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by firephotoman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Is there like a proper way to hit a bong? i don't know if I'm just not used to it, or if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I hit a bong I start to cough bad, my throat burns, and hurts like a mofo. Sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm close to throwing up.

I smoke out of a pipe regularly, and I smoke joints all the time, and this never happens. What up with that?

2. just slowly inhale, and when its milked pull the bowl out a take a quick deep breath

3. Cpt obvious to the rescue here....

The longer you "milk" the bong, the more smoke you're going to be inhaling. If you feel like your hits are too big, then I suggest clearing the bong sooner. There isn't really any etiquette here... just take whatever you feel is the appropriate amount to put into your lungs.

4. You'll get used to it. Try taking smaller hits.