Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Proper way to pack a bong.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PenisBrah, Sep 15, 2013.

1. To grind or not to grind?
    When is it time to pack a new bowl?
    Can you just put new bud over the old?

2. Yes, grind your weed and pack it tightly enough where you can thoroughly burn it through before it gets pulled. When about half the pack has been pulled through the stem, you should be able to pack green bud over the top then.

Rip it up, man. :bongin:

3. Thanks for the response.
    Can I just keep packing over the burnt bud?

4. #4 squidrick420, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    There is no single way to go about this. I pack it one hit at a time and clear the entire bowl in one hit, but you could pack the slide full and smoke on it like a bowl if you wish. You can grind it for maximum smokability or throw it in chunks to keep it burning for a while. Don't limit yourself, just try things out until you find what you like. :bongin:

Make sure to clear the bowl EVERY time or else it will clog and that is never fun.

5. i usually just break it up with my fingers and then pull it all thru wen its cashed. The water gets nasty real quick though

6. To be honest, I think grinders are a gimmick. Aside from the bonus of getting kief(which really is just making your bud less potent), you can easily break up nugs small enough to pack into a bong. There is no need to grind your weed

7. If you don't want your water to get dirty so fast then use a screen

Yes, the bad will keep pulling through, so just wait until half has been pulled though each time.

9. but then u have to go thru the trouble of emptying the ash.. lol im super lazy  :bongin:

10. using grinders for packing a bowl is ridiculous but if you are rolling a joint than it serves a real purpose 

11. But then it cuts down on the time it takes to empty the water ;)

12. I have used a grinder for about 6 years now, and I can tell you, by breaking with your fingers you are losing just as much potency as I am with my grinder. The only differences are, my bud is smaller/burns more evenly, and what I "lose" in potency I can always add on top of the bowl if I wish, or save it and go to outer space once a week. 

13. To be honest, I roll blunts just find w/o a grinder but I guess it's personal opinion

14. I find it hard to believe that you lose hardly any potency when you break up with your fingers. I don't even break up the nugs that much, it just seems unnessescary

15. I always grind mine up, when it's in smaller pieces it seems to pull through smoother and taste better. But that's just me.

16. grind it if u want bigger hits, you can break it up with your fingers and put it in the bowl but grinding it is gonna make it burn faster

i smoke my bowl till when the weed is straight ash, you can tell when you push the bud in to pack it tighter, and it just crumbles into dust

i always put the bud over the ash no problem there

17.  It really isn't necessary, but to say you don't lose potency by breaking with your fingers is a bit ridiculous. What do you think makes your fingers sticky when you break up by hand? The same trichomes that end up in the kief tray of my grinder. 

18. #18 PenisBrah, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    When should I empty the ash? Or can the ash just keep pulling through into the water?

19. Put a larger piece of herb in the bottom as a natural screen and then ground. Up on top of that. Burns even and won't pull through until the whole bowl is roasted