proper ph level of water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by potsmoker995, Apr 4, 2009.

1. could anyone tell me a good ph level of the water you use to water your plants

2. Don't bother with the pH for an organic outdoor grow. Manures, meals, compost, lime will regulate the pH. I'd say pH 5,8-6,8 is good for the soil. I guess it's the same for the water. If you use tap water, let is set with open lid for 24 hours (to take out chlorine). You can also call your local water supplier and see if they put chloramine (not good and can't be taken out) in tap water. But I'm sure it would be fine even if there's chloramine. Do wait 24 hours for the chlorine though.

3. thanks for your help

4. anyway the grow is right near a river so the soil is wet all day just like a natural hydroponics system

5. Oh, then it's like a swamp grow. Make sure the water level doesn't go up as this can drown your plants esp. in Ireland where it rains pretty much. Maybe use a raised bed with planks or a big tub with soil in it. Also don't use a very frequented river but rather a damp little creek. Or just use the river as a water source and plant a little farther off to avoid detection.

But the water from the river will be excellent, no worries on that side.

Here's a method to do a swamp grow by a pro (Guerilla Green's)

"I just cut the bottoms out of 20 gallon rubbermaid totes and jam them down a couple inches in the mucky swamp. I just break up the swampy ground first with a shovel and there should be just a little standing water in the spot you break up. Then I just put one coco coir block in each tote. I mix in a few gallons of top soil, a pound of worm castings, a pound of tropical bat guano, and a half cup of dolomite lime. I just mix it all up and plant."

I'll pm you a potent early cheap seed you can get within 3-4 weeks for your region if you want... (finishes end Aug, eraly Sept) as it can get real cold where you are if you're doing bag seed (they can finish quite late you know).;)

6. dont worry the plant is raised up from the water and the river is only small and the plant is in a nice safe place and hidden the ground in that area is very fertile and good for growing

7. Cool man. Good!

8. thanks you have been a great help to me