Proper lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420newbgrower, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hi guys totalled new here and new to growing as well. I'm just starting out buying some things and I guess my first mistake was buying this light. Pretty confused on the whole watt thing. People say around 300 watts per plant is good but but then I see a grow with way less lighting. Anyhow my question is will these lights work for me. I have the agro 90 watt led and two 100 watt UFO grow lights.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Grow-Light-Fixtures/AgroLED-Sun-LED-500°K-Fixtures/B0751Q7XY9

2. any light will work. but how well it will work is the question
    lets start over
    how many plants do you want ? what is your goal ? what is the area your have a tent a entire room ? measure it tell us. what is your budget ? once we know this we can suggest a light for you something better then you posted

3. The Chinese makers of those kind of lights lied to growers claiming their lights were 300w when in fact they merely had 100 three watt diodes. So they screwed it up for everybody. Finally HLG created true watt qb boards and nobody uses the lying Chinese lights anymore.Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Kits

4. So I'm in the process of getting a 48x24x60 tent. My goal is to grow 4 plants at a time. The bv tent is going to be in a closet and its pretty tight. I doubt need to grow the best plants but obviously the more I learn the better I can grow. I'm pretty good at growing things. I bvbhave a high tech co2 injected fully planted tank and a 10k reef tank with all corals I've grown from frags.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. "The lying chinese" damn man thats a lil rough lol.

They are measured differently sure so just add more watts than if you were using HPS or other fancier ($$$$) LEDs. Just as efficient from the wall. If its not enough add more as long as you can keep the heat down.
    My tent (4×4×6.5) I got 2 1200W philzon LEDs so like you said they each have 120 10W LEDs. The draw from the wall is around 500watts and they work great for pretty low energy, especially compared to HPS. They are allot stronger HPS bulbs with the same draw from the wall (eg a 50pW HPS bulb).

I agree there is some confusion caused by the difderent way of measuring the output but as long as you find the right ones (brands like philozon or viaspectra) and figure out what u really need you're good.

Problem is treating their rated watts like they were HPS and thinking a 600W one will grow nice plants. I had just the one 1200W light during veg but I doubled it before flower.

I know lots loves qb's on here but there are other ways to do er still. There's never only one way to do things.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. That's funny. I'm running two vipar spectras 165watt over my reef tank. Grows my corals beautifully. So basically I'm way too low on wattage. I think the big agro led is gonna have to go. It's a big light but I dont think its enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cool tank. You doing a hydro set up?

I have a friend who wants to make a set up where a fish tanks is connected to a hydro set up and they share water or somthing. Sounds cool but way too expensive and finiky for me lol. Also fishy weed idk lol

8. Never new people grew corals with LED's. Thats cool, learn somthin new on here all the time.

9. There definitely the best option you can get for corals. The best In the industry kessill all use less. There a big game changer in the reef community when they came out. Probably the same thing for bud. No more t5's. Although quite a bit of people still use them.

10. No hydro. Lmao. My apartment is humid as shit. With it being ground floor, and having a 75 gallon reef tank with a 30 gallon sump, 46 gallon planted tank, a 29 gallon breeding kribensis cichlids, a 4ft jacksons chameleon cage which literally is a rainforest with an automatic fogger and mister, and a fire bellied toad with gold fish terrarium..lmao!! Soil for this guy!!

11. Here's the 46 planted tank

Attached Files:

12. Yo I'm high as shit but thats hilarious that theres a reef community.
    Thats awesome. I gotta look into that.

13. What bro.. reef community..fuck ya.. you should see the shows I go to and the tanks i see. I'm broke as fuck but corals are no joke expensive. I have well over 10k into my tank.. no joke at all.
    Check out some pics of my corals

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zoas

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Goniopora

17. Bubble tip.anenome

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Green star polyp

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thats cool as fuck man, had no idea that was a thing people did.

Fuckin dope!

• Like Like x 2