Proper LED lighting for 4x4

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crash1211, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Hey guys first time grower here. I'm about 3 weeks into it and have super lemon haze girls looking great so far. I currently have a 4x4 indoor tent with one 1000w KingLed. I've spoken to a few friends about their lighting, and a few have suggested that my light may be too small. I'm not sure if I should supplement with additional lighting, or what the wattage on that lighting would be. Realistically if I could get away with the one 1000w without hurting my yield substantially I would be relieved.

I attached a picture of my setup, any and all criticism is highly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. Your light is only 185w......barely enough for one plant.
    If you use chinese blurple lights you will need approximately 800 actual watts......not equivalents.
    You need 4 of those lights for maximum yield in a 4 x 4.
    Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ahh i wasnt sure if we base the wattage of light off the consumed wattage or the listed wattage... would you suggest getting a better light or 3 additional?

Thanks!

4. That depends on your budget.
    Chinese blurples are pretty much obsolete technology......although with enough of them you can be successful.
    Quantum Boards is the best technology available in lighting today.

The rule of thumb on watts required.........
    Chinese blurples requires 50 actual watts per sq.ft. of grow space.
    Quantum Boards require 28-30 watts per sq. ft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ahh I see so the quantum boards are more energy efficient while giving off higher lumens?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. can you check your lumens on and around your plants? if its penetrating 5000-10000 around the area of the plants yull be fine by the looks of it id say it does look a little dim in the tent you have.. does that light have a bloom switch your not turning on? if it does turn both veg and bloom switches on and i would get 1 more of those lights 1 isnt enough for 4x4 but 2-3 would work

7. i would buy one of these to add onto it.. i have one and its a great light not noisy and it has more red leds that your gonna need for your flowering and you really cant beat the price on it

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. well you didnt pay attention in class......

@crash1211 the light provided by retsnis is junk..... for 30 more dollars you could get a 240W actual draw and better light all around

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. the light i posted draws 260 watts and yields 2+ grams per watt lol

10. Ok bub

11. Yeah, definitely junk. Anyone recommending blurples these days isn't up to date on lighting...

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. im not saying quantum lights are bad lol they are the best lights for growing now these days so if you have the extra money get one of these for your 4x4 area and use your old light for seedlings / clones

Attached Files:

13. Still a waist.......

14. Those spider farmer lights are still like 35-40% markup in price. You can get HLG boards and drivers for them for around 75 cents per watt :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. It’s sooooo stupid how people push shit on amazon.... you’d almost think they work for them.......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Doesent every body know??? @GreenEyedGrower is the lighting expert around these parts. Mmmkay...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Oh ya and Tbone can go fuck himself now that we got this expert!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I have used the King 1000 plus for several grows and my grow foot print is 3 ft x 3 ft. It works great for veg but substantially lacking for flower. With the King 1000 the buds are pretty small but the quality of what I have grown is reasonably good. I have known for a while of the problem with flower with these lights but have been reluctant to replace them because I do not grow commercially, only for me and a few friends. I do, however, plan of getting a quantum light for my next grow which has been delayed due to poor access to good clones (I'm in a weed friendly state).

19. Don’t

Buy

Clones.......
    From seed is best and king

20. Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it!

The current light and picture I have just had veg switch on, theyre both on now.

I think im leaning towards one of these guys:

Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL Quantum Board LED Kit V2 Rspec

Not sure if im going to be buying one or two though, they're pretty pricey. Maybe one and use my 1000w LED as supplemental? Not sure what I can get away here and not trash my yield...