proper amount of lighting for flowering? and opinions on set up.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by self sufficient, May 14, 2010.

1. new to this, so bare with me. only on my second try. first outdoors now in. grow area is 4' x 3' although room is about twice that size. circulation is constant and fine. nutrients seem to be sufficient. on an slightly diluted every other week schedule. Just started 12/ 12. and was wondering if i could get input on lighting. i am currently running 4 40w wide spectrum ecolux fluorescent bulbs at 1900 lumen a piece. so that is 7600 lumen plus a 65watt red spectrum flood. temp is mid 70s and hum. is 50ish percent. is this sufficient lighting?:confused: i have multiples going now however that will change when i sex. to 3 to 4 of the strongest females. any suggestions, comments or concerns would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

life is a gift, not a given.:smoking:

2. it will work once you go down in plant numbers, but you could have stronger lights (aka hps and metal halide)

You will get good buds with your lights. You could get better.

If I were you, i'd have a 400-600 watt cool tube. Probably a 400 because i'm cheap, in an apartment, and there would be to much heat.

I run a 250, which would still be an upgrade to compacts.

Put as many as you can under it. it's not like they won't grow. Some just might be a little scraggly on the outsides. if you have 3'x4' use it all, and put your best one in the center.

Light also looses strength very noticeably with distance. my t5's only produce 500 lumen at 4 inches tested with a cheap 10 dollar soil, ph, light meter combo.