Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

proper ammount of water in a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by e_to_the_x, Jun 9, 2009.

1. I feel like a noob because I've always used pipes to smoke, but I just bought a bong ad I'm wondering what the proper ammount of water to put in a bong is for maximum effect? i just put some ice in my bong and it's pretty awesome but I'm still curious what you guys use?

2. i try to have the downstem with about 1/4inch of water above it

3. depends on ur bong but its gotta be higher than the hole / diffusers on ur downstem..

best way it to test it out with no weed in it see how it rips at different water levels

4. to be honest, it really depends on the bong. Make sure that the downstem is submerged under the water a good amount and the rest is just your preference

5. i usually have the water in mine just a little below half full

6. jus mess around trying diff levels, always above the base of the slider tho

7. It really is all preference.

For the last little while I would fill water 2 - 3 inches above the downstem, sometimes I like that extra pressure needed to pull the flame down.

Recently however, I've started to top the water off just enough to cover the downstem to reduce all drag. I can literally have my tube yellow in about 3 - 4 seconds.

Personally, I haven't noticed that the smoke is cooled more with more water or anything, maybe it's just me.

You really have to try it out for yourself though, and find out what suits you best.

8. I usually just have it a little above my downstem.

9. i put the water up to 1/2in on the stem

10. allright thanks for all the advice guys! Also do you guys like ice? I tried some today and it made my bud taste real fresh and fruity, it was nice.

11. depends how bug your bong is and how much u like