Propane tank inside small apartment.. CO threat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rootsundermyboots, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Hey blades,

I like to smoke some dank. Don't get me wrong, a bowl of that skunk at night is awesome in conjunction with mortal kombat and playing guitar. My roommates are into dabs. I was into dabs until I realized it was diminishing my health, Its just not weed and not worth the butane being forced into my body. We live in a small apartment, and they use a propane torch, which if you know anything about propane, wood, charcoal, gas stoves, ect they give off carbon monoxide, which is a colorless, odorless gas. If it doesn't kill you, it can give you headaches make you dizzy, and even cause cancer in the long run. We have ac, however they don't let me open a window when they dab because they're scared of the smell floating into the public's nostrils. (Dude, dabs don't even stink?) anyways, they think I'm a hypochondriac. (that's the person who thinks everything will kill them right?) I'm no hypochondriac, but I am realistic when it comes to food and chemicals and how they affect the body. (Considering I'm going to school majoring in dietetics.....)

Anyways, do you think this shit is safe? Or are they being ignorant of my, theirs, and our neighbors health? Contemplating giving them an ultimatum, they can get high with a butane torch.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. If they are using propane there is nothing to worry about, properly burned propane, meaning complete combustion, only emits CO2 and water. I think you're over thinking it. Why not ask them to switch to the handheld torch lighters? Surely a compromise can be made?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply, but the propane torch has carbon monoxide warnings all over it, advising heavily to use only in a well ventilated area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Propane is some nasty stuff. Use a butane torch so you dont break the glass.

Seriously, propane torches get hot af and will break glass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1