Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Propaganda that makes me laugh

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokinmeds, Mar 13, 2012.

1. so theres a thread about a certain site spreading anti-weed bullshit thats way off, well heres some propaganda i wanted to share. if you go to abovetheinfluence.org theres a link at the top under "get the facts"("facts", right) called test your brain. If you go to it it shows you different parts of your brain and weed negatively effects it. Go check it out yourself if you want, but here's some stuff i wanted to share and burn.(direct quotes)

From "Limbic System"- "this is the emotional center of the brain that controls how you deal with problems and how you feel, weed is a depressant. dude, its a downer" Okay so first off if it's a depressant like this site claims, then why on the same site does it state it speeds up your heart rate(which is actually true)? I guess abovetheinfluence doesnt know about drugs, because they contradict themselves here.

From "Limbic System" what happens section- "Smoking weed can cause: Depression, short attention span, lack of motivation, paranoia and sucidal thoughts." Alright, except isnt weed prescribed for depression? Also these seem just like the side effects of all the other medications advertised. So what theyre saying is it's better to take prescription meds that some doctor says will help you instead of an organic thing that is better for you? alright abovetheinfluence, u know whats best

From "Cerebral Cortex" what happens section- "Smoking weed can cause: poor judgement, dulled sense" Really? so if i smoke weed i'll go deaf or blind? that makes alotta sense. And poor judgement? You mean like deciding to drive even though i know it can kill someone? oh wait no thats alcohol, the legal drug.

From "Prefrontal Cortex" what happens section- "Smoking weed can cause: poor judgement, you to take more risks than normal" So i guess it's better to never take a risk and just go the safe route with little enjoyment? Hm, sounds like something abovetheinfluence would say.

After i was done looking at that, i decided to move to "Drug Facts- Marijuana" and found some other interesting stuff.

From "What is it?- A green and brown mix of dried flowers, stems, seeds and leaves from the hemp plant Cannabis sativa.39 The main active chemical is THC (tretrahydrocannabinol), which moves quickly through the bloodstream to the brain and other organs throughout the body.39 Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen that can also act as a depressant or a stimulant." That doesnt even make sense!! it can act as completely opposite things?? Also "Green and brown mix of dried flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves"? i guess they think kids like smoking mexican schwag.

From "Long-term Effects"- "In addition to the possible effects on your brain, smoking marijuana may also be hazardous to your developing lungs. Marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke" Has anyone ever gotten cancer from just smoking weed? cause i've never heard of it. and it seems like a vaporizer is an easy solution.

So that's all i could find for marijuana, feel free to express opinions, share facts, etc. and thanks to anyone who took the time to read that all.

2. Don't forget REEFER MADNESS!

3. Its abovetheinfluence what do you expect?

4. today during school we read a magazine and there was an article about marijuana called myths vs facts. i give the magazine credit as they didn't mention anything about cancer, brain cells being killed, or any physical harms, the only thing it talked about was the impairment of driving. i drive better high, but i know some people can't do shit high. i was 'high'ly surprised that it was pretty accurate.

and yes i'm still in high school, i'm a senior and yes i'm 18.

5. above the ignorance

6. #6 Hydroriffic, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    your kinda coming off ignorant, weed can cause all of that in CERTAIN people.....

just because it doesn't effect you negatively.........
    Theres plenty of people who smoke weed way to often and have nothing going on in their life besides smoking weed, causing them to get no where in life.

It all depends on the person though.....

7. Oh i know, which is sorta where i was trying to come from, all the "Facts" are subjective, just like if i said "Caffeine can cause extreme hyperness leading to seizures" I'm not even sure if thats actually possible, but the point was its very bias

8. sad that this site is so filled with fags that you actually have to prove yourself.

9. Propaganda ???

Kony2012 <- how's that for propaganda?

10. yes it is very bias, it would be nice to show the positives that marijuana can do for certain people who can use it productively.

the irony is strong with this one.

11. Yeah guys all that stuff can happen! It depends on the person and weed affects people differently, abovetheinfluence is a good website, it tells people all the stuff that could actually happen, but for most people it doesn't... Abovetheinfluence is not propaganda it tells the facts, but the facts just don't apply to everyone, and usually don't apply to most people.

12. Go look up the definition of "propaganda" because it's pretty much exactly that. Is abovetheinfluence fact? sort of, but it's biased and subjective, that's all im saying

13. Grasscity is probably the chillest forum I've ever been part of. Just my two pennies though.

14. I dont really know the definition of propaganda besides what i learned in school, i'm gona go look it up now

15. #15 spuckle, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    just read a panflit in the er on weed from the 90's and they had some seedy and stemmy brown stuff in there with some plastic steamrollers haha. They need to update to the 21st century with our mflb's, incredibowls, and 20% medical weeds. I wonder what the propaganda looks like for legal states