Propaganda for the draft

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Sometimes the reality is worse than the memes. I just saw a commercial on the morning propaganda from ABC where there was a classroom full of highschool aged girls with a female teacher the the teacher was talking about registering for Selective Sevice, aka the draft. She said "most men register because its the law but girls, you need to groom all the guys you know to register too. its quick and easy!!!"

Are you fucking kidding me??? this shit is getting way out of control!!! Girls, go out and use your feminin persuasion to talk your male friends into signing up to get killed in the draft?

Oh, wow, just saw another one with a guy dressed as Lincoln talking to three guys dressed in graduation robes and hats telling them that it is their duty as a citizen or immigrant to register for the draft within 30 days of turning 18. "better get down to the post office and get that form filled out guys" he said.

This shit is totally unacceptable. They dont even try to hide their propaganda.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Motherfucker! Here comes another one of a father telling his son that now its time to go register because its the law and its fast and easy. They are playing a new version of this bullshit once every commercial break.

3. Woooo
    Girl power and equality

Right....?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hell yeah!

Maybe its because I live in colorado springs, which is a HUGE military town, but it seems ever other commercial on tv is some patriotic, military dick sucking propaganda piece.

Are they getting that desperate for new useful idiots to join because people are wising up that they resort to this kind of shit now?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Every American should do 2 yrs in the Military
    Like other Countries do.
    It will help a lot of young people grow and understand life.
    Maybe open some doors along the way, Unless there is a War............

• Like Like x 7
  6. Wow, I must STRONGLY disagree. And I am speaking as a vet myself.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Also
    Everyone should be registering for the draft
    Women included

• Like Like x 4
  8. No one should be forced into registering as cannon fodder for the military industrial complex. If you are dumb enough to sign up vouluntarilly then, sucks to be you, but to force someone to fight and potentially die in unjust wars that have nothing to do with the freedom of Americans (or anyone else for that matter) is plain evil.

• Like Like x 7
  9. I live in a big military town too and I've never seen anything like this on TV.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Unfortunately if a Major War breaks out we will need the draft because people will not voluntarily enlists like they did when I was younger .
    The Snowflakes will be crying

• Like Like x 5
  11. I strongly disagree with that. America shouldn't have a draft, for men or women, and we also should never have compulsory military service. If people want to join the military, that's great, but it should be a completely voluntary decision.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I'm trying to search for them to link but nothing is coming up. They are low-rent looking shitty productions so I think it might be a local thing but every one says "go to www.sss.gov"

13. You guys come from a different time
    And are use to watching war on TV like it was a movie
    LOL
    Im done

• Like Like x 3
  14. Let just hope and Pray we never see another World War
    Merry Christmas

• Like Like x 3
  15. The only time a war would break out, as has been proven since the Revolutionary war, would be because the American government deliberatly picked that fight so they could have a war to fight. War is the health of the state.
    I don't know what time or generation you speak of but I'm 31 and have made the mistake of joining the Marines after highschool and am FAR from a snowflake. I think patriotism may be clouding your mind to the truth.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Draft?

Fuck that shit with the wrong end of a shovel!

What do they need a draft for? The US wages war by remote control these days (drones).

Cannot be any shortage of keyboard warriors queuing up to be a hero with a joystick.

• Like Like x 3
  18. If your a man , You can't vote if you don't register for draft.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ----
    TLDR: Conscription may make the American citizen appreciate the horrors of war as a real thing instead of a Black Hawk Down Call of Duty 5 thing, and thus be less likely to chain-combo wars. As is the tradition.
    ----

Amen. The modern generations of Westerners are the weakest generations ever; as Voltaire puts it, wooden clogs going up the stairs of civilization, soft slippers when tumbling down. Understanding human nature and ones tiny part in a massive, misleadable whole is too bitter for the idealistic. You might be a cool dude and live in a cool country, but the fuckups next door might want y'gold, to be short.

Six months conscription in Norwegian basic infantry and six more months apprenticing as a vehicle commander in the GSV on the Russian border. Looking out across at those grass-eating badasses, made poor by EU/US economic sanctions, from a culture of machismo that'll make any SJW burst into tears, it made me tremble for my confidently ignorant Playstation generation.

The world is not a soft place, and it's only soft to us in the West by virtue of might and control. No amount of goodwill can dissuade from the simple truth of nature that might makes right, and the strong take the weak just as the cat takes the mouse and the osprey takes the sparrow. Should the weak have defence, it's only by virtue of the strong taking up their cause; a case bitterly true from American slavery to the liberation of Europe from nazism. Whether one wants it to be that way or not, an enemy may come riding over the hilltop at any time and you best keep that phalanx tight when it does; the human animal is unpredictable and savage.

[​IMG]
    My home for half a year - frontline as fuck, Rossiya right across from our spoiled scandinavian state-run paradise

Was getting real nervous with the Clinton shit in America, and how little the American Left gave a shit about the consequences of yet another war, this time right across the border of where I'll be raising my family. The same people who screamed themselves hoarse about warmongering Republicans are now turning around and beating battle-drums against an even more formidable opponent.

And no one there cares for us, just as they don't care for any of the other nations they've left to smoulder. We'll get our playboy-viking cartoon force steamrolled by the Russian army, and then USA will come 'save us' by bombing us to smithereens, and then leave once 4 years have passed and it feels better to not war again, electing a president for being something like the first transgender president (xhe broke the glass cieling woooo!) leaving the door open to a maelstrom of chaos in the power vacuum in other peoples' homes. On a whim.
    NO. Seen it happen to Afghanistan, to Iraq, to Syria, to Libya, to Yemen, to Serbia, just in my lifetime. The blind American giant swinging the scythe at whims and fancies, pulled this way and that by a bullshitting political elite, uncaring of the trail of destruction that has only ever tickled it's own shores.

A truth too uncomfortable for the idealists. Speak softly, and carry a big gun.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I fail to see your point. So they bribe you into registering for the draft with the privilege of pretending that your voice matters in the choosing a new master every few years? Sounds kind of fucked up to me.