Propaganda and the stupidity of anti-cannabis laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dave999, Nov 10, 2009.

1. I'm sorry if this thread or something similar already exists, but I was reading an anti-cannabis argument from a christian group, and some of the things were so stupid. According to them, " A Swedish study found that a person under the influence of cannabis is roughly 18 times more likely to take their own life by jumping from a height than a non-user".
    Theres no way that this can be true, and it got me to start thinking how they actually go about making these things, and whether or not they actually believe it.

Any thoughts, ideas, or other sites like this I would love to hear.

Site Ive taken the quote from is listed below.

Demolishing 15 key arguments for the decriminalisation of Cannabis

2. I read the article and felt like screaming at my computer for even letting me connect to a page with such bullshit.

3. From the website:

Lol.

After reading some of their analysis, I hope this group is also active in trying to criminalize alcohol for the sake of consistency. I imagine they aren't though.

4. Yeah I know what you mean, when I first read this I was genuinely annoyed that they could be so ignorant. Most of the points have no evidence at all, and they try to make us believe this by saying "studies show". What studies? Where are these studies?!
    Bullshit.

5. "Intoxication and loss of control are intrinsic to taking cannabis in a way that is not true of alcohol."
    What is this supposed to mean? how is this an arguement against legalization? lol

6. I've emailed them now to ask them where they got the majority of their sources, and how the vast majority of their arguments make no sense whatsoever. Waiting for an email back now lol.

7. This section made me laugh. I would much much rather take a naturally occurring plant than something developed in a lab. Sometimes I wonder if people really believe some of this...

8. would like to hear some christians' opinion's on this. look at all the lies and misinformation :eek:

9. it's the kind of shit like this that make me a little mad yo. that's the most retarded thing to say about marijuana.

10. These people are mistaking Alcohol with marijuana. And Meth with marijuana. And Heroin with Marijuana . They are just making shit up as they go HAHAHAHAH, WOW! i felt like i got a brain tumor from reading that much bullshit in one siting :laughing:

11. It all depends on the view of the Christian, all Christians aren't against Cannabis. For example my parents think it should be legal and they're devout Christians. And I'm a Christian too and I think it should be legal.

12. #13 chronicwaffles, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    Really? I've never had a flash back and I've smoked pot for 4 1/2 years now. How long and how much do I need to smoke to get one of these "flashbacks" and where is the evidence that this has ever occurred?

Christian.org? shouldn't they have better things to worry about anyway.

This was written in '02 by the way.

13. #14 dave999, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    I don't think religion is bad, I'm just saying that the views of this particular group are stupid, and it doesn't matter that they happen to be christians, I would still think the ideas were bad had they been atheist, buddhist or any other religious beliefs.

14. Yeah I know, but some people think that one group of people say something and that's the whole group's view, that's why I said that. No disrespect just sayin', word is bond.

15. I think this is enough .....
    I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way