Prop. 19 a bad law for California

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Sep 26, 2010.

1. give every greedy bastard who is against Prop 19 a negative rep and hope they finally shut up. Im sick and tired of hearing these asswipe drug dealers say "No on Prop 19 or im going to have to get a job"

2. I like how half these people don't realize the OP didn't write this...

3. OP is from Texas, telling us what to do in Cali:rolleyes:

VOTE YES ON PROP 19:wave:

4. Lol seriously. Anyone who frequents this section of the forum would know tex could never write that...and anyone who read the article would know it was obviously penned by law enforcement :confused:. Some of you guys look pretty smart right now haha.

Honestly not surprising though considering the closer we get to November....they're getting really desperate. They know they're losing and at this point I would expect these types of bullshit don't legalize arguments to continue. It's not the best law, it's not perfect, but I really don't see how prop 19 is worse than what we (even though I'm not in Cali) have now.

5. Well, I meant it towards the article as I'm sure most people did as well but thought the op was responsible for it (though not sure, why, theres a thumb down sign before it) :confused:

6. Hmmmmm,thumb down because poster does not agree with article,,,,maybe

VOTE yes on Prop 19 to begin the end

7. This is just a perfect example of how the private interests will be a much larger obstacle to legalization than the challenge of actually garnering public approval. The big money backs anti-marijuana policies, and people are going to have to see through a mountain of nonsense in order to vote "yes" on this issue.

I just hope folks think for themselves and don't copy-paste all their opinions from the mainstream media, which will overwhelmingly be against any legalization initiative. As a journalist it angers me that this topic simply will never be given equal treatment in this country. The message will always be strictly controlled by the media conglomerates, and those conglomerates have a financial stake in maintaining prohibition. The coverage is completely fabricated. No positive benefits of legalization will ever get the time of day in these publications while negative propaganda gets displayed front and center. Ridiculous.

8. VOTE YES ON PROP19

SMOKE THE VOTE :wave::smoke:

9. Unless nothing happens (most likely outcome) and they repeal it anyway.

10. That article is a joke and nothing more than standard fear mongering perpetrated by the totally misinformed and funded by alcohol and big pharma interests who are shitting their pants when looking at their forecasts with inevitable financial losses when MJ is legalized.

11. #31 Potentcy, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    prop 19 is good for the rest of the united states. But for cali, no.'
    Here's why:

Prop 19 will (100% positive) start a trend. When cali passes prop 19, other states will likely be more open to legalizing it.

However, prop 19 is bad for california. It is going to put more people in jail for marijuana offenses.
    like 90% of people charged with possession are under 21 at the moment.
    Yet prop 19 only allows people people over 21 to smoke it

If you are caught, and you are under 21, you are going to jail for 6 months + a $1000 fine
    At the moment, if you are caught in cali with under a ounce, you a very small fine, and THATS ALL.

Prop 19= bad

Don't listen to my opinion though, read it yourself and decide for yourself. Don't listen to me, or anyone else.

12. What you are saying is typically Canadian... er I mean... Wrong.
    Actually, outrageously wrong.
    No where in the propositions language will you find any language that states penalties for minors. There are statutes against adults who provide to minors, but not a word of the proposition supports what you are saying.

If you want to prove me wrong then I invite you to do so citing your sources.

This bill is all good for almost one reason alone. Probable Cause.

Bong on the table... no big deal.
    Car smells like weed... That's legal now.
    House is stinking up the neighborhood... Can't get a warrant for that anymore.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

This keeps people out of prison, very obviously. So very, clearly, undeniably obvious...

13. #33 Potentcy, Oct 3, 2010
    And you sound like an American... er I mean... An obnoxious, ignorant, self-righteous bitch.
    Actually, outrageously obnoxious, ignorant, self-righteous bitch.
    For you to actually believe that prop 19 will solve the marijuana problem just depicts your lack if intellect.

You are focusing too much on what the prop says.
    The proposition also says that it will not affect prop 215, BUT GUESS WHAT? IT WILL.

The whole proposition is a joke.
    Half of the idiots on here sound as clueless and stupid as the people who think marijuana actually dangerous.

Get your shit straight. Maybe next time you wont come across and semi-retarded.

[Name calling and disrespect doesn't fly here. -FW]

14. "the marijuana problem" is that its illegal. prob 19 is for legalization. voting yes solves the problem. doesnt take much intellect to see that.

15. #35 TokerCT, Oct 3, 2010
    I won't you're a dumbass

The following was quoted from text within proposition 19 (bill can be found here)http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.p..._the_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2010):

• Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana, who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older the age of 18 but younger than 21, shall be imprisoned in county jail for up to six months and fined up to $1,000 per offense.

STFU and GTFO- thanks all of grass city

[Please read the rules. Name calling and disrespect aren't allowed. -FW]

16. #36 HUarmy, Oct 3, 2010
    Get the fuck off a pot smoking website and get your damn facts straight.

[Disrespect. Against the rules. -FW]

17. The only issue i see is that it may cause smuggling into other states if its so legal and readily available in cali. We cant control the mexican border right now, i cant imagine trying to seal off calis border JUST for mj.

Im sure this is an issue right now anyway. I cant imagine how much worst it will get. I havent followed this or done any research, this is all simply my 2c. I would be totally for the law. The only people i would expect to be against it are current dealers.

18. it may be an issue for a very tiny amount of time until every other state follows suit with legalization.

19. thank you for typeing this for me i

20. Why are u on here, do u smoke