Proof.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tuk2, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Since the past and future did not, are not, and will never exist, isn't right now (within our individuality) proof of spiritual consciousness and awareness? I know time is an illusion that in reality is a knotted mess in constant overlap (I believe this is the catalyst of dimensions?) but this now is still the only thing that exists. Or is it because we perceive it as such?

When we die are we born alive in an explosion with bits and pieces of our energy spread among this time continuum touching every existing dimension imaginable and those that are not? Sort of like the calibration of a scale, in constant equality to stay at "zero".

Pretty sure this is a widely accepted topic. I might be all over the place.

2. If life is total attachment (even at times to "detachment"), then wouldn't pure undifferentiated freedom be the spiritual release (death)? No more attachment to weighty and blocky concepts either.

Instead though I could shake my head, be "rational", and await the day my cells turn into trees as "I" decompose.

3. yes, I suppose this thread was more or less an attempt to put a cross hair on atheism. They live in such small boxes.

4. Nothing that you have posted can be proven, and will always stay at fantastical imaginative theory. On top of that, you already "know" that time doesnt exist, you already know these things, what is the question for?

5. Its fun to have people agree with you. Keeps your spirit alive.

6. Oh Zylark would never agree. Where is he when he's really needed?

7. I don't really see what this has to do with atheism. Your theory could work either way, as far as I can see it has nothing to do with god. If I'm wrong please enlighten me :D

How can you possibly know that the past doesn't exist and never existed? How can you possibly know time is an illusion?

I mean, it's great to speculate these things and they really should be given a lot of thought. But starting off your post stating something you believe (and which you can't prove) as being proof of something else you believe (and also can't prove)... I don't know. What are your reasons for believing time isn't linear? I'm not saying it's not, I'm not saying it is, I just can't see any reason to believe that it isn't. So yeah, again, enlighten me :)