Proof that the American education system is failing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I think the fact that kids are getting stupider is proof enough.

The fact that the jersey shore is popular is proof enough.

The fact that American idol has a bigger voter turn out than the presidential elections is proof enough.

Yeah.

2. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']I think the fact that kids are getting stupider is proof enough.

The fact that the jersey shore is popular is proof enough.

The fact that American idol has a bigger voter turn out than the presidential elections is proof enough.

Yeah.[/quote]

This.

3. Reading most threads in apprentice tokers is like reading a 2nd graders homework.

4. i don't think its the education system... i think it's society as a whole.

even if kids had the best education, that won't change the fact that they're being raised by idiot parents who use any means of instant gratification to shut their kids up, be it fast food, shitty television, or video games.

5. OP too bad you don't live within driving distance to me. We need to chill..

6. I think media is more to blame than parents. How many kids grow up with great parents but yet still turn out like ungrateful, disrespectful little brats? One only needs to read the "real life stories" section to see that there are quite a bit of them here right now.

Mainstream media inculcates this idea that being/acting stupid is something glamorous. Music, specifically radio rap, promotes violence, sexism, and an entire culture of ignorance: positions which are completely antithetical to an academic mindset.

The idea that one must feign stupidity to be "cool" is nothing new...but it's rampant today, and it's time for some of the big power players in the media outlets to latch onto this idea and cause some change to occur.

7. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']Reading most threads in apprentice tokers is like reading a 2nd graders homework.[/quote]

They are more like the short bus in Chernobyl.

8. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']

They are more like the short bus in Chernobyl.[/quote]

The short bus kids in chernoble get high then there mom catches them?

9. I blame it on the fact that we have constantly changed the curriculum to make it easier. Standardized testing is easier...standards are lower.

The advanced students in school are not challenged, the curriculum is tailored to the "slow" kids IMO

"No child left behind"

Fuck em...if they don't want to learn then leave them behind. Other countries are surpassing us quickly.

10. no dey olny hav 2 fngerz so dey type liek dis

11. [quote name='"reefercrazyness"']

The short bus kids in chernoble get high then there mom catches them?[/quote]

No. They physically turn into trolls

12. ^this one hundred fucking percent.

You don't know how many kids I went with in Highschool that would be a massive asshole to the teacher (despite the teacher actually being very nice) for no reason at all.

I also can't stand the douchebag and gangster trend, they piss me off to an extreme extent (although I don't confront them well because that would make me a dick and I don't have reason to discriminate someone on their freedom of choice. But holy shit it is retarded. Honestly what looks so cool about trying to be gangster and tok jus like dis bro. Seriously, it actually makes you look like an uneducated douchebag that is completely susceptible to fall into any mediocre, mainstream product.

ok /rant over....lol

13. The media is partly to blame, but it's also probably because you can't spank your kid anymore

14. This is a bunch of fucking bullshit for 1 reasons.

1 - The American education system works pretty fucking great. But only if kids and parents take advantage of it. I have seen some god damned geniuses come out of public schools in America. Some of these kids get hired right out of high school and are where I was at when I was in my early 20's.

No, you can't just ship your kid off and forget about them for 6-8 hours a day, only to have them turn 18, graduate, and magically be a fucking genius.

It takes persistence and constant encouragement, positive reinforcement for success, and punishment for failure to teach kids. The education system is there to make the information available to the kids in a logical fashion, not to raise them from toddler to adult.

2 - Apprentice Tokers is not all Americans ;)

15. eh, I disagree , schools are glorified day cares to take care of the kids until parents can plug them into the tv or video games...

I blame the parents... blaming the media is lazy...

There is some good schools out there,but for the most part, public school no longer take education as there number 1 priority... Its to political now..

Yes , smart people come out of public school systems , but , I would be curious to see the home structure of those people as compared to the ones that dont.

Parents dont take an active approach anymore, or worry about the next generation more than their own... Less an less teaching of morals and ethics...but more a teaching of greed and materialism...

16. [quote name='"Russy"']

eh, I disagree , schools are glorified day cares to take care of the kids until parents can plug them into the tv or video games...

I blame the parents... blaming the media is lazy...

There is some good schools out there,but for the most part, public school no longer take education as there number 1 priority... Its to political now..

Yes , smart people come out of public school systems , but , I would be curious to see the home structure of those people as compared to the ones that dont.

Parents dont take an active approach anymore, or worry about the next generation more than their own... Less an less teaching of morals and ethics...but more a teaching of greed and materialism...[/quote]

This is true about schools being daycares, schools are such a waste of great minds. I have learned more on the Internet then all of high school.
    It was just learning the same shit every year then reviewing it, before finally learning about 3 works worth of stuff then the year ends and it repeats. (at least in my high school)
    Tragic.

17. It's all about how you use them.

Schools can be educational or they can be day care.

The Internet can be the most powerful communication tool in the history of mankind, or you can look at Asian girls shitting in cups.

That's exactly my point! Same school, different results. And yet people think the school system is the problem?