Proof god exists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mr Skinner, Mar 29, 2006.

1. You're obviously no philosopher and have never heard of Sokrates. Believe me, you don't know, you just believe.
    I've read me share of books on the topic and it seems to me you're just as one sided as you accuse your 'opponent' of being. Please take a good look at yer post and think of it as if it had been written by someone as an answer to your posts...maybe you'll get my hint?

But the interesting thing is you say there is no proof, yet you know god does exist. You dismiss scientific research as inferiour to other semi-scientific books. And you claim to know god exists, you don't even acknowlege the fact that you believe instead of knowing.

2. if god came down from the heavens with all that majestic music playing in the background and said (in a very deep, godlike voice) "whats crackin bitches im god!"

3. Mr.Skinner,

I was simply giving you my opinion, which (whether you want to acknowledge or not) was relevant to the conversation. This thread is not your personal property, and you insulted me on more then one occasion. I believe you are the one who trolled into conflict.

I have experienced some times where I have felt 100% completely in unison with the universe and everything around me, and I shared my philosophy on religion based on my expreience.

You were the one who created this discussion, and I was trying to partake in it. I'm sorry if my post wasn't as efficient as you would have liked it. In my opinion, it is better to speak up rather then "shut up", especially when the topic is about a very precious moral and ethical subject (which I think you may need to think of).

I never meant to insult you, or your study. I sincerely apologise if I did, and please know I didnt mean to. We can be more civilized then to tell each other to "shut up" and throw around negreps.

With that off my chest, I think a clear definition of proof does not exist. To a devout christian, proof may come in the form of a book that is supposedly written by god. To me, proof would be something I can see, feel touch, taste or smell, or perhaps an argument based on the scientific method.

When you get down to it, I think there are a myriad of reasons why people believe in God, but I think for the average person who goes to church, sits down for an hour, gets up, then leaves, that reason is Fear.

Of course, someone with a mental instibility may be more prone to blind faith due to the instibility... But in the same respect, as you pointed out, they may be truely touched by God, and nobody would ever know since they would be "instituted and medicated".

4. The whole point to a metaphysical being such as God is simply belief. There can't be, never has been, probably won't ever be, any proof of a god. You either choose to accept the belief or deny it.

5. You all like throwing around terms like "logical fallacy", so I've got a good one for you:

Describe infinity using finite values. Good luck!

That's basically what you're asking when you demand proof of God. Explain what happened before the big bang. Prove an axiom. Resolve a mathematical paradox. Some of you need to become familiar with the limits of rational thought.

6. to me the perfect proof of a divine being would be death in which u find out the truth but then u would not be able to tell any one what u learned so I think we all will find out the truth in due time

7. I Am An Athiest So "god" Would Have To Show Up In Person And Prove It To Me. Just Look At What Is Happening In The World Today.religions Clashing. What Really Gets Me Is That The Jews, Christians, And Moslums All Pray To The "same God". Science Can Prove Evelotuion.

Please Excuse Aly Errors...stoned Right Now

8. I'll beleive God exists when his face coinsidently appears on a grilled cheese sandwhich. Wait..

:hello:eric:hello:

9. God has to exist otherwise there would be no existance of anything. Someone had to of created everything some how. Space couldn't of just randomly appear. I dunno that's just how i see it.

10. if we just come from a blob what values would that give us for living

11. there is no "proof" god exists. If there was factual proof, everyone would believe.

I myself am agnostic. I don't know how everything came to be, and really I don't care anymore. I haven't found a religion that isn't full of holes and errors. But it is hard to believe we came from nothing at all

12. you mom, and my mom should sit down and read the bible together sometime.

Its not that I dont believe in God, I beleive that there is a higher being, but not the one that is advertiesed by all of these money grubbing religious organizations. But for me to acknowledge the God, that todays christians believe in, he would have to come down and condem all the fucked up sinners within the church that do sick shit like molest little kids and use money for the church to buy themselves nice things, then I would beleive.

13. "So my question is: What would you consider perfect proof for a divine existance?"

~Mr Skinner~

[​IMG]

I hesitated answering this question because it's loaded and somewhat pointless as a constantly reoccurring thread topic. We all have so many opinions; some are based on logic/science, while others are faith based. (Faith = belief without proof.) It's a valid question true enough because we human beings spend an inordinate amount of time questioning our origins and how we got here, but hey, its in the genes eh?

People are always looking for the "definitive" so they don't have to live with questions but that's what living with faith means, that's what living means. You accept that not everyone believes what you do and go about your daily life in blessed assurance that your saviors got your back. Cool. It's all about choice then, either you believe or you don't. You can debate the issue and try to catch people off guard wallowing in their passions a little and call it a night. Who cares????????????????????????????????????????????? The time you've taken to debate the issue is time away from "real life." We debate in life but in death we rot equally as well. Take this time to tell the people around you that you love em and try to dwell upon the sincere. Life's so very goddamn short brothers and sisters so start suckin' up that beautiful air more heartily. Check it out bros, when you kiss your woman's lips drink down most deep her beautiful body, and never let one stray word go unsaid. Sorry bout that I just sort of digresssssed but in the meantime the clock's still ticking your lives away.

Let me ask the same question the way I've heard it in the past:

1. "So my question is: What would you consider perfect proof of no worries?"
    2. "So my question is: What would you consider perfect proof of comfort without truth?"
    3. "So my question is: What would you consider perfect proof of purpose?"

When you peel away all the hard edges from us, all ya end up with is people; weak, mighty, mad, inspirational, doubting, evil, soft, and true, always true to our natures. And to be honest with you Grass City that's all I want because our natures are fed by conflict and by God we've manage to slay a world in the process. I offer this humble observation to all of you by saying: we're all afraid there's no doubt about that so lets come together and comfort each other with love in the stead of definitive proof of God. I say lets hold each other tight as the darkness falls.

IMHO love is more important than science and our highest ideals.

“The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.”

~Ursula K. LeGuin~

Peace.

14. how did everything get created? i dont understand evolution at all.but then again evolution is a faith never fully proven just like faith in god.
    the only problem in the theory that god created everything is,who the hell created god???? and if he was always there,how is that possible?

we are all still in the dark about the absolute truth,whatever your faith is.

15. god is the connection of consciousness of all existences..ALL existences. animal, extraterrestrial, terrestrial or even politicians.
    :smoke:

16. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1023985" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>god is the connection of consciousness of all existences..ALL existences. animal, extraterrestrial, terrestrial or even politicians.
    :smoke:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 08:57 PM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    he/she/it IS, if thats what you believe. if you dont, then he/she/it might not exist...for reality is to the eye of the beholder.

17. God doesnt exist.

Proof: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060605...gOA8his0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edit: needed a better smiley.

[​IMG]

18. WHAT!? Dude, marijuana is not just a plant like any other, its here to change the world to a better place.

19. God is what ever you want him/her to be. God could be my plastic Jesus o action-figure on my desk (he as walk on water action, it is so sick, i had him fight batman and spiderman the other day, they didnt stand a chance and then he fought my moses action figure and he also fought my snoop dogg action figure and all of those "homies" from the little machines. Jesus can kick some ass.) Anyway i digress. If you believe in god then theres god, if you dont believe theres a god, then theres not. Its all what you believe.

20. Theres no way to proove God's existence, beyond God changing the make up of every brain to believe. Otherwise the human brain would always be able to deny. That whole free choice thing. See religion comes with a failsafe ready for science, the belief that humans can deny God, choose not to believe. If God gives us that choice, he CAN'T be disprooven. Shitty huh? So you can choose to not beleive based on logic and the lack of proof, but when wieghed against eternity of possible torment it seems a bit less attractive. Terry Prachet has it right. Its ok to not believe in gods, just don't say it to thier face.
    Also the paradox of omnipotency isn't a paradox. An omnipotent being can create a rock that he can't lift, by making himself not omnipotent. At the moment of the question he is omnipotent, and at the moment of the lifting he is not.