Proof god exists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mr Skinner, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Amen!

2. To me it doesnt matter if there is a god or not. I'll live my life as a good person, and if there is a god, then I guess I'm destined for eternal life and all that.

If there isnt a life, I still contributed to the well-being of the human species and helped it on its way to evolution and enlightenment. That right theres reason enough for me to try my best.

3. I like your reply Alpha but I do believe in god and the best ways to feel god is when your really fucked up like on extasy pills or mushrooms thats when most of your chakras open up and you know he;s there and he can contact you but that also means evil can get you too so be careful it can get risky if you arent strong enough

4. (1) Atheists are spiritually blind.
    (2) Therefore, God exists. ;)

5. if god really spoke to u, and they put u in the loonie bin, that wasnt very smart of god, seeing as tho he is omni potient.

faith is the opposite of fact. its the belief in something in despite of the proof.
    http://www.webster.com/dictionary/faith

so im my opinion, faith and science are exact opposing knoledge.
    they are not mutually exclusive.

u can rest ur eternity on faith, but im gonna take science anyday...

6. Completely missed the point...

7. Not only that, but wouldn't you doubt your sanity when you start hearing voices?

You should

8. Good answer...that would imply fate decided by god...or fate itself and god can read it...

9. I believe in God. Proof? Just look around. For me plants, animals, humans, etc. are so complex and wonderful that I don't think all of it was created by "accident".

For every wonder I found anywhere I try to look for it purpose and I've found many of them except why we have an appendix? (bad joke:eek: )

10. The thing is that no matter what, we can count on the fact we'll never truly know until we die if there is God or not. How could we prove if there's a God or not? We can't. Simple as that. Look at Jesus and what all he preached- and we killed him. I wouldn't blame God if we never got any definite sign. I think it just adds to the mystery.

Like i said in my previous post- one time i asked for a sign. But then, when i thought i had gotten one, i asked for another to be sure, but it contradicted the previous. Upon deeper thought, i realized i'll never know if it was meant to be a sign or not. It's all based on how you look at it, and if you're willing to have faith or not. I do believe in a supreme being, simply because i think we're left in mystery for a reason. It seperates those with faith, from those without. What would life be like if we knew God definitely IS there, anyways? Probably a hell of a lot different from what it is now. We'd all live differently because no one, sane person would fuck with God or doubt him.

11. http://ourultimatereality.com/ (click on "the book" section)

^ The best damn thing I ever read about religion. Makes PERFECT sense.

Some people believe that if god is the ultimate master, he must be pretty bored. So he implants part of his mind into the life of something clueless. The goal is to progress, and realize you're just part of the "whole".

12. Wasn't that the reason he was sent here? So why would god be pissed if the Romans did what he wanted?

13. You sure that's not just the psychedelics talking? Alkaloids heroin and the like?

I wouldn't imagine god would make himself more visible to people who are stoned or rolling. What you feel is your brain being flooded with serotonin.

14. How fun would this be if we totally understood the dude?

15. I see the world around me as proof in my own mind...we look at a painting...there has to be an artist. A perfect world of where physics and chemistry are the rules of our world and society, where if one little law/principle was different the entire universe could not exist...I think the world is too perfectly made to just be by "chance".

16. Better yet on what logical grounds could you even concieve that you weren't hallucinating, that your mind wasn't falling apart?

For a belief in god there must be evidence, a logical framework which that evidence can rest, and rationality of sorts for the explanation.

I know that if god came to me and started talking to me I would not even consider that it was a possibility, my experience doesn't make a god any more or less probable, the idea of god is grossly improbable, and the statistical liklihood that i'm hallucinating or that my mind is breaking down is so very very very much more probable than the idea that god is talking to me.

No matter how real it seemed I would logically assume that my mind was falling apart before I believed it.

17. Thats usually what people say when they're ignorant of large bodies of science, and oh yeah, arguements from personal incredulity are logical fallacies.

http://yudkowsky.net/bayes/bayes.html read, understand, comprehend, educateee.

18. Good post Judas

Wha you're talking about is you got faith, but that's far from proof for a sceptic.

But if it works for you...right on...I just wouldn't take it as a given that god exists just because the universr exists...

19. Have ya’ll heard about the study that was just completed on the power of prayer? A ten year study followed people who were prayed for after going through a specific surgery for an illness (I believe cancer). They followed the people for ten years and found drum roll please… that people who were being prayed for had a slightly larger chance of having a recurrence of their illness. I’m guessing it was Christian prayer. So maybe you Christians might want to think about having some Muslims or Jews pray for you if you get sick. But alas that is futile. There was another study (more scientific) that studied people who were sick and prayed for themselves had a slightly better chance of survival. But the same study found that those who were atheist and thought positively about their chances of healing also had a higher chance of survival. It also studied people who meditated and prayed to Allah, and all of them had better chance of survival than pessimists. So take it for what you will. Think positive thoughts.

20. ROFL @ 10 year study

im luvin it