Proof god exists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mr Skinner, Mar 29, 2006.

1. every day above ground is a great one.

do not question gods existence capabilities or devinity, just embrace him !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Hooray for blind faith!

3. I have been saying this for WEEKS. Weedseed, God doesn't instill the fear, the religion does. That's why it is an excellent form of social control. People back in the day were scared of the unknown. People today still are. When a mighty ruler said, 'do this or go to this really scary place called hell,' well the people and their pea sized brains believed it. Too bad people today believe it too....I've said it once I'll say it again. There is no reason to 'obey' God if you aren't afraid of going to hell.. Seriously....if you aren't afraid of going to hell, do whatever the 'hell' you want, har har.

4. I did'nt mean to take you out of context. But your argument could be used to say that telling a child santa dosen't exist would be unduly cruel becaus it makes him happy to believe it. Well I don't have to tell you how hard that child life would be trying to convince thier collage roomates that santa was coming and they need to get to the mall to tell him what they want.

And faith? Faith is a very dangerous thing people with faith do thing just because other people tell them too. You know peer pressure is what it's called on anti-drug spots. Suicide bombers act on faith. Inquisitors acted on faith. Crusaders acted on faith. Nazis acted on faith. Pat Buccanan acts on faith. are you starting to see a pattern here? George Bush acts on faith. STUPID people act on faith!

5. You know that sounds a hell of a lot like fear to me.
    And from reading the rest of your rant all I get from it is that you believe in god because your parents told you to. COME on MAN Proof read your posts make sure they make sense please.

6. Im sorry weedseed You said you don't fear gods wrath you do fear god though is that waht you are saying? It's not respect how has god earned your respect?

7. lmao!

but on the serious note, yes faith is dangerous. wars have been fought, millions killed...all over a little black book. it seems that when the acting persons do so, they dont take in concideration of what THEY feel for the subject, more really they dont have an opinion its desided for them. blind really.

8. So the son has forgiven us when his father has not??

9. If no one minds I'd like to address the original topic of this thread for a second.

Many people believe the existence of God has been proven. Below I've used MS Paint to illustrate one of the more popular sources of "proof".

[​IMG]

Voila! The "God-exists-because-He-says-He-does" argument.

Can you find the circular logic?

10. That's exactly what Shouse does :rolleyes:

11. My god I have been a fool. I should have known my science teachers where just devils in disguise trying to lead me astray. God exists because somebody who makes money on his existence says he does and he has a book to prove it WOW it's so much esier being a christian if something good happens to me that was god and if something bad happens that was the devil I don't have to take responsibility for anything THANKS JESUS!