Proof against Christian God or Free Will

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by batenswitch, Dec 1, 2011.

1. #1 batenswitch, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I just want to know how Christians feel about this lol,

1. God gave humans free will.

2. God is omniscient (among other things :p)

1 and 2 contradict each other.

Therefore, either God is a liar and our lives are predetermined, or God is a liar and he's not omniscient.

2. God knows where all the paths end up, we get to choose which one to walk on.

3. #3 White Indian, Dec 2, 2011
    Thats a terrible answer

4. Just because he knows what we will choose doesnt mean he controls it

5. #5 DBV, Dec 2, 2011
    God is free will, and chooses through natural law. Although in essence we are basically god, we are not truly free because we are confined to natural law (laws our subjectivity did not create, but were created by the divine nature).

6. #6 batenswitch, Dec 2, 2011
    It's not "free" will if it's predetermined. Sure we're making decisions, but it was already planned and inevitable, so we couldn't have chose anything else.

And to DBV this is directed towards Christians who accept that God is a supernatural omniscient deity that created humans and gave them free will ;)

That doesn't negate the fact that omniscience implies God knows which decisions we will make in our lives.

7. Who's to say what it implies? I don't believe the english bible as it exists and is translated today is the perfect word of God, but I certainly believe and trust in the supreme being.

Like any meritorious philosopher will hastily admit God has capabilities far beyond our understanding. Can free will and omniscience exist simultaneously? Our human logic says no.

But that doesn't really mean very much in the end, does it? :smoking:

8. #8 batenswitch, Dec 2, 2011
    I should've foreseen this conclusion:

Why is there suffering in the world?
    Why are there logical contradictions in religion?

God works in mysterious ways.
    (except for the the times he doesn't, like that one time that one person was cured of cancer...)

Though I'm glad there are far less people who take the bible as the literal word of god nowadays.

9. If god isn't real then who invented cannabis ??

10. :hello:

11. I heard it best described like this: We're all on a boat (Vessel, Cruise ship ETC. you get the idea.) The persons on the boat are free to do as they please, play shuffleboard, wine and dine, Smoke pot... But the boat has one destination, eternity in heaven or hell. at least I think this idea best suits them both. Questions?

12. This also implies that any decision to reward or punish people, with preknowledge of all choices, is arbitrary. If such a thing is done, free will is meaningless.

13. No where in the Bible does it say God gave us free will.

It does, however, speak of predestination.

14. Ah earth? Biology? Believing in something with no concrete evidence opens the door to self delusion.

15. #15 batenswitch, Dec 2, 2011
    I'm honestly aware of this I'm just preying on ignorant Christians.. LOL

It doesn't even matter what the bible says, what matters is what they believe.

16. [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']
    Ah earth? Biology? Believing in something with no concrete evidence opens the door to self delusion.[/quote]

I'm all ready self deluded so no worries there lol

I don't actually believe in god but I was getting high one night and had one of those stoner moments was thinking about how we all came to be it's like every think in life just fits in perfectly with each other like the food chain every think just seems to be in tune i know it sound weird lol sorry but I can't REALY explain it properly I'm pretty high right now :p

17. look at all of you trying to define something we have no proof towards.

he could exist. he couldn't.

18. Nature blessed us (ie. evolved) with cannabinoid receptors so that the beautiful cannabis plant it also evolved would have an amazing effect on our psych. Sometimes the synchronicity in nature is just too much! lol.

19. I'm trying to logically dismantle a widely held Christian belief.

20. [quote name='"batenswitch"']

I'm trying to logically dismantle a widely held Christian belief.[/quote]

Yer well I don't think that's going to happen on a gc thread lol