Promoted!

Discussion in 'General' started by DirtyPete, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Yea, I finally got the job editing that I was waiting for.

I work on the morning news show at my local FOX for those of you who didn't know.

More hours + a raise = sweetness.

2. Congrats! Good luck in your new position!

3. Money, get away.
    Get a good job with good pay and youre okay.
    Money, its a gas.
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
    New car, caviar, four star daydream,
    Think Ill buy me a football team.

Money, get back.
    Im all right jack keep your hands off of my stack.
    Money, its a hit.
    Dont give me that do goody good bullshit.
    Im in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
    And I think I need a lear jet.

Money, its a crime.
    Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
    Money, so they say
    Is the root of all evil today.
    But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that theyre
    Giving none away.

Huhuh! I was in the right!
    Yes, absolutely in the right!
    I certainly was in the right!
    You was definitely in the right. that geezer was cruising for a
    Bruising!
    Yeah!
    Why does anyone do anything?
    I dont know, I was really drunk at the time!
    I was just telling him, he couldnt get into number 2. he was asking
    Why he wasnt coming up on freely, after I was yelling and
    Screaming and telling him why he wasnt coming up on freely.
    It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out

4. dude, that is sweet, I would love to be an editor. How did you land that sweet job? I am a film/animation major and editing is one of my favorite aspects, linear and non-linear, I have mastered both. I am jealous dude.

5. It's not what it seems, it's really just cutting together Voice OVers and stuff, nothign creative.

Editing the news is mundane, usually everything is there for you and all you gotta do is attach it to the shows "rundown", I don't wanna get into the technical jargon but lets just say it's not the same as editing together raw footage at all.

I went to a trade school for television production, got an internship at FOX, then they hired me as a part time camera man, and they had this position available so I've been asking about it.

Finally it happened, but trust me it sounds more glamerous than the reality of it. I'm still only making roughly 10 bucks an hour.

To tell you the truth I'd much rather be a film/amination major than have this job, I wanted to go to RIT for film and animation but I didn't get accepted into that program becuase I had no art portfolio, I only had engineering shit from high school so I went for computer science.

If I had been accepted into the film and animation program I would have actually stuck it out and been close to graduating with a 4 year degree right about now...

6. Congrats bro :)

7. Dude congrats man, that sounds awesome!!

Moooovin on up!

8. Thanks everyone, I'll be celebrating tonight with an extremely large dutchmaster stuffed with that sweet sticky icky green (at least I hope I can get my hands on the diggidy dank)

Shitty thing is tomorrow is technically the first day I'm going in to train to edit, I did it before but wasn't being paid, so tomorrow is like my first "real" day on my new job and it's new years day!

I wanna get wasted tonight, but I gotta be at FOX at 3:30 AM.

Do I show up drunk?

Probably...

9. Congrats man!

10. Cool Pete good job man.

11. You should show up high instead.

12. I'm sure it'll be a little bit of both, but it really doesn't matter.

I'm still going to be doing my old job for now until I'm fully trained. The only difference between tomorrow and any other day is I'll actually be getting paid to come in and train.