Promix HP High Porosity Mychorizzae for my seedlings in my first grow... Good or bad?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NeuroGenesis719, Feb 10, 2014.

1. #1 NeuroGenesis719, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    I'm reading up on PH and everything, doing extensive research while I get my first few bagseeds going. The soil I'm using is in the title. I've done a lot of searches for threads about promix but no one really talks about what PH it has, how well it does with Seedling/Veg/Flower stages, etc. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much

2. #2 zmasterflash, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Pro mix usually gets good reviews around here, I remember a couple threads where they discussed it. You can call the company or email th and they would probably be able to answer your questions though

3. Didn't even get a notification someone replied. Thank you. The seedling is doing great

4. I use Promix BX in 5 gallon buckets. I use botanicare 3/2/4 and 1/4/5 for nutes. Check out my journal below for some pics. I do ok.

5. I use promix hp...good stuff but extremely easy to have the ph drop. It is a peat based medium just remember that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Whats the difference between BX and HP?  Basically I only ever see BX around here and that is why I use it.  Is it just a location thing?  Or are the mediums made up differently?

7. HP is more perlite. Bx has more fermaculite

8. Grasscity seriously is not sending me notifcations about threads.. haha.. Thank you all for replying. and the seedling has stunted growth. I'm not sure if it's because I overwatered or what.