Promethazine hydrochloride?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by CLHAR07, Dec 15, 2009.

1. found two 25mg pills with the imprint "GG 225." After looking up the pill id it came up with Promethazine hydrochloride. I'm wondering if there is any recreational value to these. and hydrochloride is just salt isn't it? is that just a filler than?

thanks.

2. erowid is a very nice friend! I did in fact look it up on erowid, but there was no info about promethazine in pill form, mostly just about syrup. I'm just wondering if there'd be any point to taking these?

3. Hmm. Well, let me take a look.

From what I've seen it's mainly a depressant/sedative, and only with high doses does it cause euphoria. I'd say take it once and see if it does anything, or if you can't sleep try it out, should help you.

4. Goes well with opiates, if you experience opiate related nausea. More useful as an adjunctive drug than a stand alone.

5. That's also what I gathered, since it acts on the H1 histamine receptor, it will lessen any nausea you feel. It's just like dramamine in that regard.

6. Exactly. Promethazine isn't shit. I don't know why people think "drank" or "lean" is so fucking special.

7. hmm thanks for the response. I plan on taking some adderall tomorrow, and if I'm up late from that I might give it a shot. If i try it I'll post back.

8. It will help you sleep for sure. I blacked out from a shot or 2 worth of plain promethazine syrup and a joose

9. It's a salt, not table salt, just a hydrochloride salt form of the molecule so that it can be pressed into pills. No one bothered to answer that question lol

10. You could press crack into pills. But I see what you're saying.

Wiki:

"Converting insoluble amines into hydrochlorides is a common way to make them water- and acid-soluble. This is particularly desirable for substances used in medications. Many pharmaceutical substances are prepared as hydrochlorides so that they may be quickly released in the gastrointestinal tract; the body usually absorbs a hydrochloride within 15 – 30 minutes."

11. #12 tharedhead, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009

Many drugs are (how the heck do I say this simply) uh, "made" into salts so they can be better absorbed . It makes them more dissolveable so they can get into your tissues... Is there a pharmacist in the house. Many injectable drugs are also HCL. Chemistry, polarity, all that...somebody?:confused:
    I did organic chem a long, long time ago:D
    Cocaine is a great example of a drug that is better absorbed that way.

(^Thanks for above wiki-having a senior moment :))

12. Oh, thats way cooler.

13. well if you take the prometh with codiene it makes something like 90% of the codiene metabolie into morphine so its just like taking a bunch of morphine but you just need codiene