Projects from the Jungle

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by jungleman420, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Needing a place to keep up with my projects. Ive got a few of em. I dont work on em everyday. follow along on Jungleman420's auto journey.:smoke:

Current driver is my white Jimmy. Its a sbc swap lowered and efi. Built from a $500 craiglist find that had motor but no trans, mufflers carb or distributor. I had a 89 blazer with a v8 i had totaled 2 weeks earlier. Came with a set of early zq8 wheels from a 97 s-10 needing tires.This is from before i swapped the wheels to the zq8s. Going to be parting it out once I get the red one going.
    [​IMG]
    83 s-10 v8 swap lowered 5-6 custom interior and a set of z8q wheels like is on the white one except unpainted. Painting this one and doing all the work myself. Getting the motor out of the Jimmy when I part it out. Cut the top off for a weekend cruiser.
    [​IMG]
    1983 Blazer Needs a new motor and trans has a v8 in it. Have a new motor and trans to go in it just havent started swapping it out yet. This is the current I want to get it going project.:hello: Once I do Its the new daily driver. Its gonna need a little tlc but its in good shape overall.
    [​IMG]

1973 Nova Former drag car currently no motor or trans in it. Has a ford 9 in rear end in it a fuel cell and mostly gutted. This car was called cheap thrills and Im gonna keep it named that. Currently have a bunch of parts for it trans, Alum raditator, 3in exhaust, a 283 needing built headers, tpi intake, or a torker 2, seats and looking at a cage for future safety.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Again, nice tags :smokin: I'll definitely be following, loved the other thread!

3. Thanks Challenger, Didnt do much last night except stare at em. Im out til this afternoon and it sucks. Ill be getting the red blazer ready for engine removal. Its getting closer to the new motor then drive time.

4. Anytime man :) What kind of motor are you going to be putting in it?

5. 350 ci sbc stock heads cam and intake with tbi injection after i build another harness and ecm. Breadboard is getting warmed up. Id like upgrade the tpi motor to ls1 coils with sequential fuel and spark. That ecm runs 500 bucks but worth it.

Nova is gonna be a foot brake class car with street mannners. Id like to get it to run consistent 7.0s after adding a turbo to it.

White blazer will get a set of injectors on monday to upgrade to 24lb injectors and allow me to reseal the intake. Need to remove a hose fitting and put the factory sending unit back in the intake. Carrying back to the track tues night for some more practice and I have a guy gonna coach me on some of the finer arts of the Footbrake class racing.

6. Aahhhh.. 350 is 5.3L i believe, we have one of those in our truck and that truck has terrible street manners... I'd love to help (not a stalker, just love cars) but you know :p go with a precision turbo from precision turbo and engine :smoke:

7. 327 ci is 5.3l and 350 is 5.7 Only difference between the 2 in a chevy block is the crank. A 327 has a 3.25in stroke while a 350 has a 3.48 stroke. Both use the exact same bore size of 4 in.

Now for a small update, I went to the track tues night before going to the hospital to see my fiance give birth to our child. He got here weds night. So no new progress on any of them. Did get my portable shelter from my old house so i can cover what ever im working on so I can actually leave something dismantled and it not get wet.

Red blazer is next victim of the tool set. Motor and trans needs to be pulled so I can swap em out and get it going. While its out Im swapping the front brackets out from steel to a set of aluminum brackets I have. Its getting the a/c put back on it as well. Pair of electric fans from a 93 Olds controlled by the ecm should keep it cool.

White blazer got sold over the 4th. Guy wanted it as a roller so Im keeping the shifter, motor, trans, wheels, wideband o2, and raditator. Not sure which vehicle its all gonna wind up in at the time.

8. Now I gotta go find out if we have a 5.3 or a 5.7.... It's a vortec though and god forbid you drive it while its wet...

Congrats on the kid though :D

I shall eagerly await updates....

9. Upgrade to the ls1 coils and f.I then go twin turbo or a nice roots blower

10. Ls2 coils are similar in design but have heatsinks on them and are worth 15 hp on the dyno. It cost the same for either of em. These coils were commonly found on the 6.0 Gm truck motors. I have a line on a set of ls1 coils but they think 1 is bad. Im looking at a single 76mm turbo that would be good to 650+hp. A good 142 Weiand roots blower would be great as well but the cost is prohibitive to me right now.

Serious pic updates coming soon. Got some other stuff to do today but I hope to get to work on the red blazer some today or this week. I havent really messed with em much the last day or so.

Thanks Challenger. Hes been good so far. Hopefully he gets into cars like i did so I can pass em down.

11. #11 jungleman420, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    I havent forgot about this just been working on some customer cars so i could fund the Nova a little quicker. I did get the turbo. Its a Garrett tv7511 turbo. 76mm and will support all i need.

The white blazer wound up staying at home. The buyer backed out and ive decided to keep it for now. Might sell it as a driver for $2500 no NOS kit.

Convertable is home and is missing its motor now. The red blazer is awaiting its new powerplant and transmission.

Other projects im working on for customers include a 98 chevy motor swap and upgrade, guage install in a honda civic, motor swap 72 Monte Carlo and painting a 30 ford model A. Also looking into building a 39 Chevy pick up rat rod. so some cool projects coming from the Jungle Man.

Attached Files: