Project Gunwalker and the ATF

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokeSignals, Jul 11, 2011.

1. ATF trafficking weapons to Mexican Cartels

If there is a thread discussing this, please direct me there and ignore this post. If not, how is it that nobody cares?

I did a search for this topic and came up with basically nothing on this forum. Why isn't anybody talking about this? This is a huge scandal, which the media is doing its absolute best to pretend doesn't exist. The ATF has been involved in trafficking guns to Mexico, directly into the hands of the cartels. In the last few weeks, we've had so many developments in the scandal that point just about all the way to the top. We're getting to the point that tangible proof of deep, deep government corruption is not unlikely.

The following article is a pretty good summary of the events from the beginning to present. If you haven't read up on this, prepare to be sick to your stomach.

Holder Lied: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - Salem-News.Com

2. Old news really, but still good info. (I will point out that that particular news org/site is a bit 'different'...it even supports mmj)

Good post!:D

[​IMG]

3. I thought it was called operation fast and furious. Its been brought up on a few occasions but most people on this website are already aware of what a god awful job our government does at doing its job. I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't so surprised.

I mean, look at the drug war in mexico and in Central and Southern America. Lots of guns, so many of which were made in the USA as a result of our war clearly failed war on drugs. Is truly sad every politicians stance (besides RP) on these two problems is throw more money at it, as opposed to re-evaluating the issues..

4. I think Gunwalker was a pet name given by the few media outlets actually running the story.

5. At least 40 killed in Mexico in 24-hour period - Yahoo! News

[​IMG]

Everyday...