Prohibitionist group SAM launches website tracking Colorado and Washington

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ogderp, Apr 3, 2014.

1. The Prohibitionist group SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana) has launched a website called legalization violations.org that supposedly reports any failures, shortcomings, or flaws in Colorado and Washington's legalization. Just thought I'd share this, I don't think it helps their cause at all. It might even make them look worse because they're looking for any little excuse to say that legalization is a failure.

http://legalizationviolations.org

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Bro these people are dumb as shit this is something a health teacher would show me

3. Said it before these laws were even voted in: they are highly flawed systems because they WANT it to fail. (Or at minimum have the perception be that of failure.) Government steps in with "municipal" pot shops, just like alcohol to take over an entire industry. Soon, those are gone. Soon, all "legal" pot is gone and only pharma pills remain.

These prohibs are so anxious to get their mitts on all this money, their moves have been pretty easy to predict. Meanwhile, the more screwed up and draconian asshats like Project SAM look, the "better" their crap "legalization" bills look. Ah yes, that is how it works. All one in the same.

4. So wait, are you saying that Colorado and Washington's governments want their legalization measures to be flawed and fail so that they can say that legalization doesn't work and the only solution is to keep prohibition going?

5. Nope. Not at all (although prohibition is going to continue.) The "clear" choice in the end will be pharma drugs that don't get anyone high. The backers of these laws want PROFIT. The largest profits are not in raw cannabis. They are in life-saving medical therapy that people will one day pay through the teeth to get. These are profit-driven individuals that are crafting all these laws, not people looking to corner the raw cannabis market. Skip to the end game and its clearer.

Being cannabis is a plant and not going away, prohibition will continue against anyone who dares challenge their profit model, just like present. That is a byproduct of the marketplace controls (prohibition.) Not their goal. But it too will continue. They can change it to Schedule II and prohibition continues. Just a new form of it. But it largely will look the same. There will be a brief time while raw cannabis will be avail via medical or legalization bills, but it will just be a footnote on the way to big pharma control. This is progressive politics playing out before you, slowly, surely. It all takes time.

6. Yeah I agree and it's not the first time I've heard about this. Big pharma wants to produce cannabis extracts that will be sold legally in pharmacies throughout the country while cannabis in it's raw form remains illegal because there's no way for them to make a profit off it. And they also want to eliminate recreational use of cannabis to limit the availability of raw cannabis.

7. Boom.

The prairie plant bill in Michigan does that. Canadian supplied herbs, irradiated and packagedfor national chain pharmacies, obtained by prescription from hospital doctors. To join the program you must leave the current mmj system there, leaving local access points (dispensaries, caregivers) in favor of mainstream medical.

The bill was passed. It just won't be enacted until rescheduling. Wishful thinking or do they and their associates feel it's coming soon?

I'll up the ante say that rec may stay and be lobbied by big tobacco types. I made a thread recently, say hello to big marijuana, about big players lining up to farm Mexican land for Herb, process and send to USA. They're already working on how to bypass state restrictions on residency requirements for being in business- they are going nation wide. Forgot their name but has a Garcia Vega sound to it. They're even getting into biotech related companies.

Both of these directly push Americans, local economies out of the market. In favor of big corps and pharma groups. The undertone is that dispensaries and caregivers get raked over the coals. Both programs outsource the cultivation to Canada and Mexico. Between growing and legal providing (disp, caregiver) in just one state, were talking millions of dollars that would otherwise be distributed to local economy through sales and new jobs.

GW pharma is clearing FDA approval for their extract. You think there would be high market demand for sativex if every one could get it from their legal local source for one fifth the price? It's all about the market takeover right now. They do no more than what a dispensary can do, but lobby to call it pharma grade to justify their patents - but read them and it's just what every one already knew. They just now own the process- bought them old school corruption style.

Hopefully the voters care enough to protect their own rights.

8. Also, in regards to medical, the FDA eventually may get lobbied hard enough by big pharma to do what they did with other plant based medicines. "only a drug may treat prevent or cure a disease. " It's not too far of a stretch for regulations to be enacted that you could only access pharma grade, from cvs, for anything medical. Meanwhile big marijuana may use radioactive fertilizer as they do for tobacco.

But again it all comes to the people, the voters. If they care enough in a majority, local and personal access can be preserved. But that will take a strong majority who understand why it's so important. Kind of like only having GMO seeds for food - technically you could not grow any vegetable or fruit without their permission. Next they control every thing.

9. Isn't that asshole Kevin Sabet behind this whole "Project SAM" thing? I swear that guy is getting paid off by someone cause there's no way he believes the bullshit he spews out of his mouth. Everything he says is bullshit and not true at all. This new website tracking Colorado and Washington is fucking dumb and is just a stupid attempt at trying to make legalization look like a failure. Notice how they are only "tracking" Colorado and Washington. The states that have it legal for recreational use. They aren't tracking any medical marijuana states, they are tracking the ones with full legalization. This stupid "SAM" group is all for medicinal cannabis but if it's recreational, we have a problem? Bullshit. Kevin sabet and his "Project SAM" are being funded by big pharma and probably some other corporations. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

10. #10 Mikeyak, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Well, for rec in WA, the marijuana must be labeled and describe any pesticides, herbicides, or any other chemicals used during growing. Cannabis will be considerably more regulated in terms of quality and control then food, which is sad, but true. It really is amazing the required label requirements for cannabis in WA.

Now as far as medical is concerned, big pharma is all over that. And to some extent, good because maybe real research can be accomplished and more effective treatments for epilepsy, cancer, and other disabilities that involve ALL parts of cannabis. It would be nice to actually know why and how cannabis helps you instead of paying some guy $200 every year to say cannabis may help you who doesn't know a damn thing about your condition or cannabis.

11. Patrick Kennedy (of the alcohol bootlegging JFK legacy Kennedy family) is behind project SAM.
    Kevin Sabet is the head of the Drug Policy Alliiance, which is funded by George Soros, another hard-left progressive.
    Both are pushing for pharma interests, ultimately.

12. Ok I knew Patrick Kennedy was behind something but now I know. I've also heard of George soros but I'm not sure what role he plays in this whole thing. Gotta do more research

13. I actually just read an article today that said George Soros has contributed millions to to help push for legalization in the US.

14. I heard something about that also. But I don't know anything about it :confused:

15. Do they have a site like this for alcohol? 

I wouldn't even repost misinformation like this to be honest, you are getting them hits and clicks every time you post these propaganda spewing garbage sites.

Funny how the anti pot idiots keep hanging on to the guy who fell to his death supposedly because of edibles. When someone dies from alcohol every ten minutes of every day.

I'll wager that this happens, it's just too obvious. As was the whole business with Monsanto taking over the legal weed business. Their part in fucking up the legality would, in theory, be genetically modified crops with little to no medical benefits, "proving" how the plant is dangerous after all.  

17. Yeah from what I've been reading on here, that's the only way big pharma would be ok with recreational cannabis being legal at the federal level. They don't want people to be able to go and buy raw natural cannabis at any 7 11, Walmart, grocery store, or liquor store across the country. So the only way they would approve is if it takes after big tobacco and is grown with harmful chemicals and radioactive fertilizers and pesticides, meaning that there would be no medicinal benefit from smoking it and actually cause health problems.

18. Big pharma isn't worrying about poisoning raw cannabis. The poison is prohibition. And profit. They want all the good cannabis they can get to make it into pill/spray form at 4000% markups. Thus, entire S. American countries being primed to be producer nations. That is the opposite of poisoning the stuff.