Prohibition my ass

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ArastasHatchet1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Most people don’t know that we did prohibition happened back in the 20s, marijuana was prohibited at the same time. In order to possess marijuana you needed a marijuana tax stamp that the government was supposed to issue, but the government never even minted any of said stamps.
    Now envision a bunch of government officials lining up along the East Coast and combing their way across the United States uprooting every wild marijuana plant they could find. (This part is just an exaggerated but true account of the facts).
    This sounds ludicrous to me on account of it is a weed by definition and that means it grows wild everywhere. Duh! What a waste of time and money just to do away with something that most people didn’t even know about (besides some jazz musicians maybe).
    So when Prohibition ended and they brought back alcohol there was nobody begging for them to bring back marijuana. So for years and years marijuana had a hard go of things. Now times are changing, and the benefits of it are becoming more relevant.
    So to wrap it up, I say legalization now and always and also disclosure now and always.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The prohibition of alcohol was started in 1920 (18th amendment to the US Constitution) and ended in 1933 (21st amendment to the US Constitution).
    4 years before the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937.
    The two events are completely unrelated.

3. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

4. Yes, totally agree with the dates. But the point I’m trying to get across is that it all happened during the same confusing time, and was quickly swept under the rug so as not to lose money on crop growth, sales, etc.
    Bottom line is that we’ve been lied to and mistreated for way too long, and I for one am pleased with the progress made in the past few years.
    It was simply a thought

5. Yeah...who cares if any of the facts are correct...it's my sincerity that counts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. they had to completely rename Hemp to marijuana ( stole from Marihuana) so as to confuse the people and make an illegal plant species through parliment... they literally created an entire plant species to control via reference and rights to name. farmers and doctors in 1930's were not liking the new name for hemp nor that it is now illegal to grow or prescribe

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cannabis prohibition will go down in history as one of the worst frauds ever perpetrated by a government against it's citizens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1