Progressive Metal and Djent.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CircaSteve, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Any fans? I love listening to bands such as Between the Buried and Me, and Corelia while smoking.
    Also check out Polyphia and Modern Day Babylon.
    What are some of your favorite prog and Djent bands?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Like a bit of prog and technical metal sometime can be a bit much if im smoking though.

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Lol i got so into djent in fuckin 2012, i even picked up an 8 string guitar because of the hype. I sold that for a nicer 7 string that i have now, but ANYWAYS. i like after the burial a lot, they put on a sick show too. Periphery is alright too. Corelia is also pretty good. Tony danza tapdance extravaganza is fuckin awesome too, they're guitarist josh travis is godly at guitar. His new band glass cloud is pretty good too. I also like veil of maya, born of osiris, and vildjharta, animals as leaders, textures, tesseract, pretty much all like a lot of the founders of the so called djent style. Oh and of course the all mighty meshuggah lol.

4. Finally I'm home! Periphery, Mastodon, the Contortionist, BTBAM, Opeth, Chimp Spanner, Scale the Summit, Pomegranate Tiger, Meshuggah!  :metal:

5. #5 8ight, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    I feel like the creation of the "djent" label was just an act of incredibly successful trolling, lol. 

But anyway, sikTh has been one of my favorite bands for years. They split up a few years ago and only have two full lengths, but both albums destroy. The vocals might be off-putting at first, but give 'em a chance; they really grew on me. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwvUjX_wNs

6. Jumped on the band wagon a few years ago, don't plan on getting off anytime soon.

http://youtu.be/FaP_UkOs7eE

http://youtu.be/O-hnSlicxV4

7. Seeing Between the Buried and Me live tonoght

8. I moved to NC two years ago so if I don't see them before they stop I will be upset.

9. Have fun! I've seen them twice. The second time I saw them they played Parallax 2 in its entirety.

10. http://youtu.be/LjjM1p6Fmgw

11. You have great taste in music. Haha
    I see you like ETID as well?
    Saw them last year and had a blast.

12. I don't necessarily agree with the "Djent" term either, however it is easier to classify certain types of bands with it. I'll definitely give these guys a listen.

13. The contortionist is from my home state so I've seen them a couple times. :)

14. Fuck yeah dude, good to see another hoosier metal head on here. I was at their show when jon carpenter did vocals for them for the last time, it was awesome. Lol you might have been there too, ever go to the emerson theater?

15. That's awesome man.
    I've been to the Emerson a few times.
    Went to Thrash and Burn a few years back. Was a great show. I missed the After the Burial and contortionist show last year. Was super bummed I couldn't make it.

16. #16 WizardInBlack, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    Yeah i just saw Oceano and Within the Ruins last friday at the emerson, it was a pretty good show, but there weren't that many people unfortunately. I went and smoked a bowl in my car between each set so i had a lot of fun lol.

17. I need to see WTR live.
    Did you go to warped in Indy last year? I smoked a few bowls before that and had an awesome time.

18. #18 CircaSteve, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    I live pretty far from the Emerson so it can be difficult getting to some shows.