Progress at change.org

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Matticus, Jan 26, 2009.

1. From their site:

2. thanks for the update matt.

stoners are known for creativity, so lets give them some good ideas.

3. This is exciting. NORML needs to get on some organizing rally's and demonstrations type shit, ASAP.

We must all strive for the acchievement of our common goal. Talk to your friends, siblings, parents, coworkers, classmates, and everybody else. Tell them of the opportunities actually being presented to us and to be PROACTIVE.

4. So what can I do Matt?

5. This has actually been up since Saturday...I'm not sure if they meant this work week, or this weekend.

6. I am concerned that they may just be trying to shut us up keep us busy and give us some hope :(

Not to be to negative, i have little faith in change.org
    -BW

7. you may be right burnttwaffle, but they do have some great ideas that maybe useful to us if we just learn how to use them.

8. I don't agree at all. Look at some of their partners...a lot of big names. Even MPP is on there.

9. think of a popular vote through internet....

a landslide (Lanslide in newspeak...) victory

fever plus weed equals awesome

10. We should go to local headshops and email websites and propose to them setting up charities to help fund MPP.

11. Nothing against MPP or NORML, but I believe quite a few people from these organizations make their living with donations, and the money isn't spent completely for the cause. I'll agree that the money donated will give some people a "salary" that enables them to work for the cause without having another job, but I'm always skeptical about what these organizations do with all these donations they receive.

12. I suppose somebody's gotta get paid at the end of the day. It's worth a try though. More money regardless of what percentage is used for salary purposes.

13. I just wish these organizations would be more transparent about where all of their donated money is going. There should be a set salary (if any) for a select few individuals that are working full time on the issue, and there should be money set aside for other things like advertising/etc. But this should all be available to the public, since we are the investors.

14. Personally I've never thought much of change.org. I was all about change.gov. I think the most productive we could possibly be would be to write letters and emails to our local politicians everywhere, and write the white house. Flood them with ideas and comments. Also support foundations such as NORML and MPP. They will do what they can and we will do what we can.