Programming the human brain

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Oct 27, 2007.

1. I've been learning about boolean logic... Basically all computers know is 1's and 0's. there are different combinations of the two digits and there are 'gates' that allow you to manipulate data. This is how ALL electric circuitry works (although the soviets did try a base 3 system but it was too slow in the 60's).

I dont know much about neurology, but what I grasp is that nerves conduct electrical charges to each other, and in response they can release chemical messages (like harmones) into the body. So electrical charges are either on or off. 1 or 0. True or false. This is the same way all of our computers work.

I was explaining this to my friends while I was waiting for acid to kick in the other day... It blew my mind and theirs.

2. MM..crazy..maybe our brains our computers created by higher intelligences..and computers is the beginning to creating life.

i dont believe that IMO but its a crazy idea :smoke:

3. If you've ever taken a high school psych. class they teach you that neurons follow the principle of an all or nothing response, they either fire, and said message is sent, or they don't and nothing happens.

EDIT - I have a similar theory, human brain = a computer.