Program your own mind! Create your own form of communication!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Aug 19, 2011.

1. #1 TheJourney, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    We are beings that consist of various processes and functions that are precisely programmed. This programming takes place in the mind. The mind, and all of the various programs and processes, function through the connections that are made. Everything that you perceive, and everything that you do, is based on the connections that your mind makes. These connections literally program your mind, and determine your method of perception and action. They determine the way that you react to things. Every thought or feeling that you generate when faced with words, expressions, or circumstances is based on YOUR MIND'S connections. These are precisely programmed. It's not just a coincidence that you see things that way. Neither is it just "the way it is."

Most people are simply unaware that this goes on. Whether you're aware of it or not, it's going to happen. Unawareness and apathy result in widespread programming models that are generated by society, and implanted into the minds of the people at large. It's not a coincidence that the same types of people, the same types of ideas, and the same types of EVERYTHING pop up over and over, and are everywhere. These are not the only options. These are just the externally created choices, generated by society, that the masses pick up on. You don't have to choose based on these options! You don't have to choose ANYTHING based on the options that society gives you. That's what it means to be an individual. That's what it means to think for yourself. Create your own way. Program your own mind.

All thoughts and perceptions contain within them entire realities, consisting of entire viewpoints. Society, culture, and the media are basically reality-generators, or programming mechanisms. They determine common objects of thought, and the connections which are made in relation to these objects. It is these connections that your mind functions off of, and they determine everything about you and your reality. Forget about societal ideas, and the various connections they want you to make. Create your own society! Start to pay attention to the connections you make when confronted with words, expressions, and circumstances. Understand WHY you make these connections. Once you can see and understand all of this, you can take control, and re-program your own mind. Determine for yourself the connections that you make. Develop your own form of communication. Reality is simply expressions and connections. The degree to which you can take control of your own expressions, and your own mind's connections is the degree to which you can take control of your own reality.

2. I value the dialogue of metaphysics over cognitive science. Getting a little tired of modern science's analogy of the brain (mind) to a computer, personally.

3. The mind is a calculator and nothing more. I don't pray to it. I don't ask it the tough questions of the "heart." The user decides and the mind just does what the user tells it to do. Which is to gather and process knowledge and nothing more.

The scientific method of inquiry has become corrupted beyond repair. Science has become that junk mail letter you get saying "Important Information Enclosed Inside." Important my ass. I don't question logic, because math is perfect. Math can tell science to go fuck itself. But science needs math in order to survive. Heisenberg really fucked you guys. He showed you that if you want to look at atoms, you need a man made machine to see it. Yes friend, FAITH. You gotta have FAITH now. That's the last great discovery of the quantum physicists. That FAITH is a part of the universe. Oh how the "smart" people hate that word. That's their real F word.

Scientists were once explorers, adventurers, philosophers, poets and dreamers. Now, they're just a bunch of fucking lawyers.

OP: your post reads like lawyer speak. It just does. I doubt either of us could explain it to a 5 yr old.

Science has only added knowledge, but little to no wisdom. Our knowledge has so far outpaced our wisdom, that now we're all about to die. We have maybe 150 yrs left to fix things. We have shed the church (wisdom) and made science (knowledge) our god. Basically, we ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge and thus lost our eden. First goddamn chapter of the bible. And i'm buddhist LoL. Life is real funny sometimes.

Science (your brain) can only add knowledge: to know
    Wisdom is: to know how (accumulated experience, the stuff books can't teach)
    The marriage of the two,
    Understanding is: to know how to do (creating new realities)

It's what we here in America call "freedom" and we even have a statue of it. and she hold TWO, not one, but TWO things. The torch is? And the book is? And together we call her?

Understanding will solve all. Not science (knowledge). Fuck programming your brain. Just leave it behind. It's so beta anyway. Totally unreliable and so buggy. Dogs are better people than people. I learned how to be human by watching Dogs. Humans know so much yet understand so very, very, very, very little. Be more like dogs. They are better than us. They protect each other and share their food with each other. If we were more like them, we wouldn't all be dying.

The best decision i ever made in my life was to stop following my head. There's something else that's about 1,000 times older than the brain. Rely on that first. U can mess around with the beta testing of the human brain later when the world isn't dying all around you.

Time is short.

Namaste
    -buddha

4. #4 TheJourney, Aug 19, 2011
    You're using mind in a way I don't intend. I'm speaking of the processes through which connections are made. You know how to speak english. Therefore, you make connections to the various groups of letters we call words. I'm guessing when someone talks about murder, you think of it as a bad thing. Connections are always made. That's what it means to be alive. That's how all of reality functions. It's just about determining for yourself the connections that you make, instead of letting the outside world determine them for you.

5. #5 buddha1127, Aug 19, 2011
    Yup. it all comes down to linguistics. Linguistics. Science (the mind) is nothing more than linguistics when all is said and done. That's why the mind fails so hard at the most important human tasks.

I can use mind in a way you don't intend. It's my prerogative. And it can be valid. And maybe it is :p

My main point is that over-reliance on the mind is bad. period. it's too beta. too unreliable. too buggy. do you disagree?

And you're wrong bout the murder. i can in my mind justify the death of 1 billion souls if it means the rest of the earth is saved. The karmic cost of such an event would atrociously high, but if it's the only way, then I have no qualms with death. Why do you think murder and death are so bad anyway? Did your mind tell you that?

How do you know how reality functions? The outside world determines who are you are to an extent. You are born to certain parents. In a certain place. In a certain time. These all effect the karmic "hand" that god deals you. There is no outside world. It's just an illusion. That's what they all say. Forget reality. It' so complex. Can you hold 6,000 universes in your head simultaneously? Have you sat and meditated and contemplated infinity and realized that you haven't eaten in 16 hours?

How do you know how reality functions? How much work have you put into it? I contemplated reality and infinity and then i decided it was a waste of time. How do you know God doesn't trick us?

All i know is that i don't know. I just feel and let my brain be my secretary. And hope for the best. Ya know, that word again: Faith.

Namaste

6. #6 Jiminy JiK, Aug 19, 2011

How do you mean science is linguistics?

You are still illustrating a problem with murder. Only if it is completely necessary can you let go of the attachment to "karmic cost". At least in the example you used, you are proving Journey's point.

Are you Buddhist or are you using Buddhist aspects in your own spirituality?
    I cannot tell what point you are trying to make here.

Come on man, really? :bongin::rolleyes:

You don't exist outside of your mind. Your perceptions of that existence (based on the connections you make, with credit to TheJourney) will differ with time and experiences. Faith is a connection. Albeit a large and powerful connection, it is still a connection.

Btw, thanks for sharing op...very cool take. :)

7. Journey, does this take into account the quantum theory which attempts to explain how a scientist on one side of the world can make a breakthrough, while at the same time another scientist is making the same leap somewhere else, completely independently?

8. #8 EchoGypsy, Aug 19, 2011
    I'd like to think I've done a significant amout of what one would call soul searching or spiritual growth - something along those lines, each to their own meaning, which conveniently brings me to my next point. Anyone who is trying to bestow their own assumed solution/wisdom/philosophy etc. forcingly onto others is not truly awakened yet and if a differing view point will make one agitated in any way and is seen as a disturbance rather than being accepted and viewed with a learning sort of attitude, then that individual is still living in the grip of ego. I'm saying no one knows anything for sure and labels are constrictive and captive. Labels and words are like vices to the essence of what actually IS that they are naming.
    We live in a paradox.
    Collective consciousness however, is a phenomenon that mystifies and bring about a great sense of faith in me. This whole outer energy that vibes we are all one..connected in some numinous way is an interesting and highly favourable concept in parapsychology and studies of the human psyche.
    Love <333

9. That's pretty directly explained by something I wanted to include in OP, but didn't because I didn't wanna make it too long.(Hah. I tried to keep this one shorter, cuz it seems like my threads are often too long for a lot of people to want to read, cuz recently I've been having a hard time feeling like I can completely express an idea in less than 5 paragraphs or so. lol)

Every individual thought enters into a collective consciousness, which is found in the subconscious of all individuals. The thoughts of the collective consciousness are not related to physicality, so the location which a thought occurs at does not necessarily have anything to do with the location of another who will pick up on that thought. The subconscious consists of assumptions, which are viewpoints. The structure of the world, and its inhabitants, is potential viewpoints. By and large, people sift through the gallery of previously generated viewpoints available in the collective consciousness of humanity. When someone does break through with something new, it simultaneously enters into the collective consciousness, and when another individual's pre-dispositions and circumstances are right, it can enter into his range of consciousness.

10. #10 Deleted member 281310, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
    It took me about 3 reads but when i finally understood it i realized that i was thinking about exactly that for a while back a month or two ago. If i understand correctly it simply means that life is all made from connections, from thoughts produced from exterior objects and inner ideas and once you understand what makes those connections you can change them to you're liking. I might be way off but it sounds good to me at the moment and i consider you to have hit the nail on the head.

11. I wrote in my notebook on this the other day, and I broke it down into 3 basic steps.

1. Learn about self/mind. That is to say, bring the connections you make into your conscious awareness.
    2. See why you think that way. All connections come from SOMEWHERE. Figure out where that somewhere is.
    3. Reprogram mind. Change the formerly unconscious connections which are undesirable into intentional, and preferable, connections.

12. #12 DBV, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    I take it you finished John C. Lilly's book? It is a wonderful book that can have tremendous power if it is fully understood.. the problem is it can be hard to relate to at a few points.. but a great read nontheless. I suggest anyone interested in the OP, check it out:

Programming the Human Biocomputer - Google Books (note that this isn't the whole book, but it lets you read a lot of the important information)

And like it or not to others, our minds are a VERY VERY complex metaphysical quantum computer structure if you choose to see it that way.. Once you learn how to process it, it can be very beneficial!

BTW, another good read by John C. Lilly is the Simulations of God: The Science of Belief

13. OP, there are ways to deprogram everything they 'think' they 'know' :laughing:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8an2XZ3MU]Terence Mckenna - Culture is your operating system[/ame]

Why yes,... yes I have <3
    [​IMG]